Thread: Washington scumbag off the streets

Washington scumbag off the streets

good story of the good guy winning!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...s=rss_metro/md
    Michael Binegar, Morgantown WV.

Shootings that are both fatal and justifiable are a rarity nationwide, which makes Jackson's case all the more astonishing. In 2008, FBI statistics show, there were 204 justifiable homicides by civilians using firearms. That compares with 9,484 criminal homicides involving firearms.
    I haven't seen those statistics before. Is it accurate? What is the best rebuttal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    I haven't seen those statistics before. Is it accurate? What is the best rebuttal?

As far as I know they are accurate...thats just what it said in the article....I havent confirmed the stats, but im sure the writer would have before he relayed them to the public. If they are indeed correct, it is a shame! I think the statistics alone are a great reason for people to open carry or concealed carry.
    Michael Binegar, Morgantown WV.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    I believe it's accurate. Remember, most self defense cases don't end in the death of the perp.

"He not even that type of person," said Christina Anderson, 21, the mother of one of Fletcher's sons. "He's smart. He liked to work. He liked going out. He [was], like, all about his family. He's not no bad person."

The mother of ONE of his children? How many baby-momma's did this joker have?

Prior charges for drugs, carjacking, assault and robbery, multiple baby-mommas, and he's STILL living at home with his own mother--and she says he's "not a bad person"? Yeah, Fletcher sounds like he was a REAL winner to me...

WTF?

Kudos to Mr. Jackson for defending his life, and that of his co-worker, and probably saving that young woman neighbor from something MUCH worse than robbery. He kept his cool, thought through the situation, an had luck on his side, and turned a potentially TERRIBLE situation around to save three lives.

Mr. Jackson should get a medal.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was going to be a story about how the SCOTUS had sworn out warrants for DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and Chief of Police Cathy L. Lanier for contempt of court, sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism and they were picked up by DHS Agents...

Boy was I disappointed...

Question

Holy ****. The guy with active warrants for armed robbery and car jacking was FRAMED for a robbery? The second he'd participated in that day? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was going to be a story about how the SCOTUS had sworn out warrants for DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and Chief of Police Cathy L. Lanier for contempt of court, sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism and they were picked up by DHS Agents...

My first thoughts as well. We could only dream of such things, I suppose. I, too, was disappointed.

Founder's Club Member

Reading an article today about new, tough sanctions against Iran being based on national security, it occurred to me that we have elements in the national government that are far more dangerous to national security than Iran, and far more urgent. Congress for example. Certain SCOTUS justices. Various executive branch office-holders and bureaucrats. If the threat to freedom and liberty posed by these people is not a national security issue, nothing is.

It then occurred to me that we have a federal agency perfectly positioned to address these internal threats to national security--The Department of Homeland Security.

Now, all we have to do is get DHS to actually do their job by protecting us against national security threats perpetrated by feds. DHS would become a howling success, wildly popular!

Yeah. Hold on to that dream.

"He not even that type of person," said Christina Anderson, 21, the mother of one of Fletcher's sons. "He's smart. He liked to work. He liked going out. He [was], like, all about his family. He's not no bad person."

Prior charges for drugs, carjacking, assault and robbery, multiple baby-mommas, and he's STILL living at home with his own mother--and she says he's "not a bad person"?
    Yeah, he was a regular choirboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I believe it's accurate. Remember, most self defense cases don't end in the death of the perp.
    Yup, and this is the issue I point out each time someone mentions the BS Kellermann study the resulted in this statement "you are 43 times more likely to be killed with your own gun than to kill an intruder in your home with a gun."

DUH!

It isn't about killing intruders it is about protecting yourself.

Besides, other studies indicate less than 2% of all uses of guns in self defense by private citizens result in the attacker actually being shot, let alone being killed.

Convictions in 1998 and 2001.
    Three arrests in 2008.
    Arrest warant for carjacking.
    Two robberies in one day.

OMG!

Somebody was really trying to frame this guy! Its not his fault he got shot...

In 2008, FBI statistics show, there were 204 justifiable homicides by civilians using firearms. That compares with 9,484 criminal homicides involving firearms.
    How do these numbers compare with what the Brady Bunch spits out? From their propaganda, this seems low.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    How do these numbers compare with what the Brady Bunch spits out? From their propaganda, this seems low.

TFred
    I want to know where everyone keeps getting this 30k gun deaths a year BS.* Cause, that sounds more like car related deaths, which is atleast twice the number of gun related deaths.

*I don't think it was mentioned in this articles, but it has been repeated countless times lately.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I want to know where everyone keeps getting this 30k gun deaths a year BS.* Cause, that sounds more like car related deaths, which is atleast twice the number of gun related deaths.

*I don't think it was mentioned in this articles, but it has been repeated countless times lately.
    http://www.tincher.to/deaths.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/search.do?queryTe...&action=search
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Statistics and lies

The Brady tack is to compare the most diire result (death) without factoring in the other factor (defensive use saving life which does not result in death). While it is frustrating that this demonstration of propaganda technique works, that's what we have to deal with.
    These types are the same types who argue against the death penalty by saying it is preferable to let the murderer "suffer in prison". This of course is not anything like what they believe in, but is meant as a sop to what they regard as the vengance-motivated views of those who believe capital punishment is a necessary part of our criminal justice system. In reality they would have the murderer "have a chance at re-joining society" and abhor the very idea of "punishment" as a solution for anything, unless of course you have an NRA, OCDO, or GOA (or any conservative - espousing) bumper sticker on your car, in which case they will vandalize it, call what they did "civil disobedience"; and claim "civil disobedience" is a Constitutionally protected right. (Vandalize their vehicle for bearing an Obama bumper sticker, however, and they will gladly send you to suffer in prison, and relish the prospect).

Officially, police will not say much about the case. They have not released even basic details, such as Fletcher's name and what happened inside Jackson's apartment. Jackson's account, however, was corroborated by several law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Family members confirmed Fletcher's name.
    They won't release Fletcher's name, huh.

Whew. That's a relief.
    So the guy also had a propensity for impregnating babbling morons... Is that a crime?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

A couple responses:
    1) The ~30k "gun deaths" a year includes ALL sources. Fatal gun accidents are pretty rare, but there's about as many suicides as there are murders committed with firearms.

2) The FBI figures report the initial case. So anything that was first investigated as a possible murder would be recorded as a criminal homicide, even if no charges were brought against the shooter after the investigation concluded..

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_Conservative View Post
    1) The ~30k "gun deaths" a year includes ALL sources. Fatal gun accidents are pretty rare, but there's about as many suicides as there are murders committed with firearms
    Yeah. But, there must be over a million natural deaths a year. Outlaw Nature!!

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    They won't release Fletcher's name, huh.

Whew. That's a relief.So the guy also had a propensity for impregnating babbling morons... Is that a crime?
    It is if you're a Progressive and believe in Eugenics. If you were you'd know that this babbling illiterate should not even be allowed to propogate. Not that I am, just that the ruling class is....
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Only the meek

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    It is if you're a Progressive and believe in Eugenics. If you were you'd know that this babbling illiterate should not even be allowed to propogate. Not that I am, just that the ruling class is....
    Your correct. Only those of the servant classes who show the proper traits should be allowed to breed.

Eugenics is some really scary stuff.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Prior charges for drugs, carjacking, assault and robbery, multiple baby-mommas, and he's STILL living at home with his own mother--and she says he's "not a bad person"? Yeah, Fletcher sounds like he was a REAL winner to me...

WTF?

Kudos to Mr. Jackson for defending his life, and that of his co-worker, and probably saving that young woman neighbor from something MUCH worse than robbery. He kept his cool, thought through the situation, an had luck on his side, and turned a potentially TERRIBLE situation around to save three lives.

+1 I couldn't agree more.

WTF?

Agreed he should get a metal. I truly hope that mother suffers even more for her sons loss. "This my baby dint do nothing" makes blood shoot out of my eyes and I feel ZERO sorrow for her loss. Yea his police record certainly reflects that, hope he is burning in hell. Is she just that stupid about all the crimes he committed or is she looking for pity because her scum bag son got everything he deserved.

Last edited by zack991; 07-30-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Hey, it's the Washington Compost. The little quaint local paper that is nationally known for its virulent bias.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

"Shootings that are both fatal and justifiable are a rarity nationwide, which makes Jackson's case all the more astonishing. In 2008, FBI statistics show, there were 204 justifiable homicides by civilians using firearms. That compares with 9,484 criminal homicides involving firearms."

This simply tells me that only one out of 46.5 people who need a gun are actually exercising their second amendment rights!

It also tells me that if the other 45.5 people started exercising their 2A rights on a regular basis, the 9,484 homicide rate would drop to a precipitous low, perhaps less than a third of that.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.