• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington scumbag off the streets

The Donkey

Shootings that are both fatal and justifiable are a rarity nationwide, which makes Jackson's case all the more astonishing. In 2008, FBI statistics show, there were 204 justifiable homicides by civilians using firearms. That compares with 9,484 criminal homicides involving firearms.

I haven't seen those statistics before. Is it accurate? What is the best rebuttal?

feeldasteel

I haven't seen those statistics before. Is it accurate? What is the best rebuttal?

As far as I know they are accurate...thats just what it said in the article....I havent confirmed the stats, but im sure the writer would have before he relayed them to the public. If they are indeed correct, it is a shame! I think the statistics alone are a great reason for people to open carry or concealed carry.

Dreamer

"He not even that type of person," said Christina Anderson, 21, the mother of one of Fletcher's sons. "He's smart. He liked to work. He liked going out. He [was], like, all about his family. He's not no bad person."

The mother of ONE of his children? How many baby-momma's did this joker have?

Prior charges for drugs, carjacking, assault and robbery, multiple baby-mommas, and he's STILL living at home with his own mother--and she says he's "not a bad person"? Yeah, Fletcher sounds like he was a REAL winner to me...

WTF?

Kudos to Mr. Jackson for defending his life, and that of his co-worker, and probably saving that young woman neighbor from something MUCH worse than robbery. He kept his cool, thought through the situation, an had luck on his side, and turned a potentially TERRIBLE situation around to save three lives.

Mr. Jackson should get a medal.

Dreamer

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was going to be a story about how the SCOTUS had sworn out warrants for DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and Chief of Police Cathy L. Lanier for contempt of court, sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism and they were picked up by DHS Agents...

Boy was I disappointed... :D

rodbender

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe it was going to be a story about how the SCOTUS had sworn out warrants for DC Mayor Adrian Fenty and Chief of Police Cathy L. Lanier for contempt of court, sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism and they were picked up by DHS Agents...

My first thoughts as well. We could only dream of such things, I suppose. I, too, was disappointed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

:D:D:D

Reading an article today about new, tough sanctions against Iran being based on national security, it occurred to me that we have elements in the national government that are far more dangerous to national security than Iran, and far more urgent. Congress for example. Certain SCOTUS justices. Various executive branch office-holders and bureaucrats. If the threat to freedom and liberty posed by these people is not a national security issue, nothing is.

It then occurred to me that we have a federal agency perfectly positioned to address these internal threats to national security--The Department of Homeland Security.

Now, all we have to do is get DHS to actually do their job by protecting us against national security threats perpetrated by feds. DHS would become a howling success, wildly popular!

Yeah. Hold on to that dream.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
"He not even that type of person," said Christina Anderson, 21, the mother of one of Fletcher's sons. "He's smart. He liked to work. He liked going out. He [was], like, all about his family. He's not no bad person."

Prior charges for drugs, carjacking, assault and robbery, multiple baby-mommas, and he's STILL living at home with his own mother--and she says he's "not a bad person"?

Yeah, he was a regular choirboy...

arentol

I believe it's accurate. Remember, most self defense cases don't end in the death of the perp.

Yup, and this is the issue I point out each time someone mentions the BS Kellermann study the resulted in this statement "you are 43 times more likely to be killed with your own gun than to kill an intruder in your home with a gun."

DUH!

It isn't about killing intruders it is about protecting yourself.

Besides, other studies indicate less than 2% of all uses of guns in self defense by private citizens result in the attacker actually being shot, let alone being killed.

KS_to_CA

Convictions in 1998 and 2001.
Three arrests in 2008.
Arrest warant for carjacking.
Two robberies in one day.

OMG!

Somebody was really trying to frame this guy! Its not his fault he got shot...

TFred

In 2008, FBI statistics show, there were 204 justifiable homicides by civilians using firearms. That compares with 9,484 criminal homicides involving firearms.
How do these numbers compare with what the Brady Bunch spits out? From their propaganda, this seems low.

TFred

Jack House

How do these numbers compare with what the Brady Bunch spits out? From their propaganda, this seems low.

TFred
I want to know where everyone keeps getting this 30k gun deaths a year BS.* Cause, that sounds more like car related deaths, which is atleast twice the number of gun related deaths.

*I don't think it was mentioned in this articles, but it has been repeated countless times lately. :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Alexcabbie

Statistics and lies

The Brady tack is to compare the most diire result (death) without factoring in the other factor (defensive use saving life which does not result in death). While it is frustrating that this demonstration of propaganda technique works, that's what we have to deal with.
These types are the same types who argue against the death penalty by saying it is preferable to let the murderer "suffer in prison". This of course is not anything like what they believe in, but is meant as a sop to what they regard as the vengance-motivated views of those who believe capital punishment is a necessary part of our criminal justice system. In reality they would have the murderer "have a chance at re-joining society" and abhor the very idea of "punishment" as a solution for anything, unless of course you have an NRA, OCDO, or GOA (or any conservative - espousing) bumper sticker on your car, in which case they will vandalize it, call what they did "civil disobedience"; and claim "civil disobedience" is a Constitutionally protected right. (Vandalize their vehicle for bearing an Obama bumper sticker, however, and they will gladly send you to suffer in prison, and relish the prospect).:banghead:

wylde007

Officially, police will not say much about the case. They have not released even basic details, such as Fletcher's name and what happened inside Jackson's apartment. Jackson's account, however, was corroborated by several law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Family members confirmed Fletcher's name.
They won't release Fletcher's name, huh.

Whew. That's a relief.
So the guy also had a propensity for impregnating babbling morons... Is that a crime?

Heartless_Conservative

A couple responses:
1) The ~30k "gun deaths" a year includes ALL sources. Fatal gun accidents are pretty rare, but there's about as many suicides as there are murders committed with firearms.

2) The FBI figures report the initial case. So anything that was first investigated as a possible murder would be recorded as a criminal homicide, even if no charges were brought against the shooter after the investigation concluded..

KansasMustang

They won't release Fletcher's name, huh.

Whew. That's a relief.So the guy also had a propensity for impregnating babbling morons... Is that a crime?

It is if you're a Progressive and believe in Eugenics. If you were you'd know that this babbling illiterate should not even be allowed to propogate. Not that I am, just that the ruling class is....