• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCd at walmart in carson CITY

bookem03

As my two boys and I were entering the Walmart in Carson City a man stopped me and said his name was Tom and he was glad to see citizens openly carring their weapons. I said Thank you and he walked away.

calmp9

As my two boys and I were entering the Walmart in Carson City a man stopped me and said his name was Tom and he was glad to see citizens openly carring their weapons. I said Thank you and he walked away.

Was it the Super Center?

merle

Nice!

I'm going to the one near Topsy Lane in a couple of hours. Expect nothing to happen except for the old door greeter guy to offer me a cart.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
I always OC at Topsy Wal-Mart, at least once a week. Don't like being there that much, but it's close. I have also talked to the store PM Manager about it. They are fully aware of OC'ers and so is their surveillance and security staff. They don't mind and were very nice.

My wife also OC's in their too. Both of us have been OCing their for past 3-4 months.

Other place's we've OC'ed at: Petco, BestBuy, Home Depot, Lowes, 7-11 on College, Borders on Topsy, Starbucks on Topsy of course, China Jade Horse Restaurant on Topsy Ln., and Quiznos on Topsy Ln.

Even went into someone's house when looking for a dog from Craigslist, they just stared and were nice, just like good ole law abiding Americans are to one another!

Have fun!

Last edited:

Loneviking

Did Best Buy ever come around to OC? The last I had read was that they didn't want any guns carried. Nice to hear about your conversation with the manager at the Topsy Wal-Mart. That was the Wal-Mart where the guy at the sporting goods counter gave me some grief one morning when i dropped in for supplies on the way to the range.

Have you tried going into the McDonalds in the Wal-Mart yet? The free standing McD's in town are NOT OC friendly, but the ones in Wally World I don't know about.

merle

Like dchoepp, I haven't had an issue w/ OC'ng in BestBuy either.

Picked up 100 rounds of .40SW at Sporting Goods counter within Walmart (register goof'd with an older guy and they called a supe/manager over). Was hanging out carrying without a problem. No comments, questions or dirty looks.

Nevada carrier

Have you tried going into the McDonalds in the Wal-Mart yet? The free standing McD's in town are NOT OC friendly, but the ones in Wally World I don't know about.

I know you guys are talking about Carson City, but I've never been confronted in any of the Micky D's in or out of a Wal-Mart in Las Vegas.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
Did Best Buy ever come around to OC? The last I had read was that they didn't want any guns carried. Nice to hear about your conversation with the manager at the Topsy Wal-Mart. That was the Wal-Mart where the guy at the sporting goods counter gave me some grief one morning when i dropped in for supplies on the way to the range.

Check out this thread for Best Buy Update:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?73279-OC-Carson-City&highlight=carson+city

Got them on the right page! Also, Target S. Carson by Home Depot, I went in there yesterday. Store manager, think his name was Chris said no problem with OC. So, theres another one confirmed.

Last edited:

Loneviking