Thread: Costco receives "Thank You" from Washington Ceasefire for anti-self protection policy

Costco receives "Thank You" from Washington Ceasefire for anti-self protection policy

http://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire

Click where it says "start page" and send a message to Costco that you like their no-gun policy.

"Costco prohibits firearms, concealed or carried openly, permitted or not, from its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. Our policy is enforced equally at all warehouses around the wo...rld. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business. See More

-----------------------------------------

Cheryl Stumbo Done! Here's the message I submitted:

Thank you for your no-guns policy in your warehouse stores! After many years as a loyal Costco and Starbucks fan and customer, I no longer patron their stores, nor do I buy any of their products. I know Costco sells some Starbucks products; please discontinue doing so in support, or at the very least let ...
    See More
    them know that some of your valued customers will not buy their products at Costco nor elsewhere until they change THEIR policy.

Yours in courage and conviction, Costco!
    Cheryl Stumbo
    shooting victim from the 2006 Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
    June 29 at 9:35pm

Following the logic of some of those "stay at home mom's":

Knives kill people too so why dont we just make those illegal?

Or better yet! Let's make you have to register them, and at any point in time the cops can come in and search and make sure your "dangerous weapons" are properly stowed?

Dont forget they have to be in a locked box at all times since they are capable of killing someone!

oh yeah and dont forget this one either: "Tell your council members and city officials today how you feel about guns being sold in your community. Gun shops can be restricted by way of zoning rules."

When will they begin to understand that criminals dont go to gun stores and wait 5 days to obtain a pistol before shooting someone?
    Last edited by devildoc5; 07-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    Following the logic of some of those "stay at home mom's":
    Careful. My wife would NOT appreciate being lumped together with those overly-whiney, non-logic-founded know-it-nothings.... She's a 'stay at home mom' that packs all of the time, whether she's at the grocery store, mall, taking the kiddos to the play area at Burger King or (GASP!!!) Costco...

I go there all the time, and I loosely conceal. I'm sure that I've been 'spotted' but no one's ever approached me about it.

-G20

I was recently confronted at the Costco in Gig Harbor, after having OC there for a year. So I asked for their policy in writing. I eventually got a letter in the mail saying their policy since the beginning of Costco was "no firearms". Yet this policy isn't listed in their membership rules. I will be making a copy of their letter and sending their corporate office a letter with that one enclosed to inform them of my reason for not renewing our membership. We'll also be sending them our Costco cards carved into the various shapes. I think I'll do my in the shape of a 1911.

We'll be getting our membership at Sam's Club and going there from now on. It will mean a much longer trip to a nastier area, but if we work our groceries right, we'll only need to go once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Brent View Post

Click where it says "start page" and send a message to Costco that you like their no-gun policy.

"Costco prohibits firearms, concealed or carried openly, permitted or not, from its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. Our policy is enforced equally at all warehouses around the wo...rld. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business. See More

Thank you for your no-guns policy in your warehouse stores! After many years as a loyal Costco and Starbucks fan and customer, I no longer patron their stores, nor do I buy any of their products. I know Costco sells some Starbucks products; please discontinue doing so in support, or at the very least let ...
    See More
    them know that some of your valued customers will not buy their products at Costco nor elsewhere until they change THEIR policy.

Cheryl Stumbo
    Don't know what the problem with Starbucks is, they follow state law and allow guns in their stores. I have OCed in Starbucks in Federal Way for the meet and greets and also at the one here in Renton where I live. Haven't had a problem in either place.

Quote Originally Posted by G20-IWB24/7 View Post
    Careful. My wife would NOT appreciate being lumped together with those overly-whiney, non-logic-founded know-it-nothings.... She's a 'stay at home mom' that packs all of the time, whether she's at the grocery store, mall, taking the kiddos to the play area at Burger King or (GASP!!!) Costco...

I go there all the time, and I loosely conceal. I'm sure that I've been 'spotted' but no one's ever approached me about it.

-G20
    that's why I put it in quotes. Most of those women on there seem like they have no clue about the cold realities of life, thankfully though they appear to be the minority

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Don't know what the problem with Starbucks is, they follow state law and allow guns in their stores. I have OCed in Starbucks in Federal Way for the meet and greets and also at the one here in Renton where I live. Haven't had a problem in either place.
    Not sure if you understood it right or what, but just in case you didnt, that was a comment that the OP copied and pasted from the original link. It is basically a lady being upset because her coffee break is exposing her to lead poisoning (or some other wacky sort of logic)

Costco, the Mall, movie theaters....

The reality is that for the mall, movie theaters and Costco they don't want to see a gun...

I conceal, I don't do any of the 3 very often all though I was at a theater at the mall today, but that is the first movie I have seen in a theater in over a year. I get gas at Costco every now and then and OC at the gas pump! (I'm a rebel) I CC on a monthly trip to Costco.

I think I will write a letter to WA Gunfire and let them know I CC and have for 20 years to Costco. And I will continue to do so, and like G20, loosely!
    Live Free or Die!

See More

Cheryl Stumbo
    I just followed the link over to the CeaseFire Facebook page. I noticed that I couldn't make a comment unless I "liked" them.... so I clicked it, now I can make comments... although I'm not sure if I want to start flaming their FB page... I haven't... yet...

on that note, I think everyone will enjoy this tid-bit.... SINCE MAY 25TH, WA CEASEFIRE ONLY HAS 40 PEOPLE WHO "LIKED" THEM. What a joke.

Remember, keep your friends close but your enemies closer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Costco sells Starbucks products.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

When my partner and I go to Costco I loose carry, she has a Supertuck so she is covered for the most part. I have had a look here and there from the employees but they have never approached me and said anything. We spend over a thousand dollars a months on four there (four kids eat a lot!).

I OC in Starbucks all the time. I was at the Starbucks close to my house a few evenings ago and the manger said "I didn't know you carry." I told him that I carry every time I am out and about. He asked what I had, and told me he wanted to get a Glock...poor guy, he has jumped on the polymer bandwagon *shakeshead*

Knives kill people too so why dont we just make those illegal?
    Don't give them any ideas... I just got my first nice knife.. I have a few cuts and some missing skin... But its an awesome knife lol. Much sharper than I expected.

And since somebody will probably care, Its a Spyderco Harpy.

See More

Cheryl Stumbo
    this helpless liberal cheryl stumbo would not be a victim if she or someone else there was carrying a handgun there would be no loss of life that day, there will always be terrorist and criminals. its you choice to be a victim or not cheryl it seems you like being a victim thats ok its your choice but dont you dare try and make everyone else into victims if we dont want to,The truth is you would probably rather have died and been a victim then admit that guns save lives not vise vera,thats what a helpless liberal you and your ilk are

Quote Originally Posted by Glocked and Loaded View Post
    Don't give them any ideas... I just got my first nice knife.. I have a few cuts and some missing skin... But its an awesome knife lol. Much sharper than I expected.

And since somebody will probably care, Its a Spyderco Harpy.
    I was actually trying to give them ideas.

I can imagine some of them sitting at home trying to cook dinner for their families without any knives because they kill people!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Plath View Post
    ...poor guy, he has jumped on the polymer bandwagon *shakeshead*
    Well, Sylvia, there is only so much you can do for those types. If God had meant for guns to be made from polymer, he wouldn't have created steel...

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    Well, Sylvia, there is only so much you can do for those types. If God had meant for guns to be made from polymer, he wouldn't have created steel...

Now now, that's not called for. Plastic guns certainly have their place, and they serve their function well. They just do it without a single iota of actual class

Flanders they will eventually catch on and ban you from posting. I did the same thing as well as a few others. Somehow I am still "friended" but can no longer post and there is no one to contact to plead your case.

Not sure if you understood it right or what, but just in case you didnt, that was a comment that the OP copied and pasted from the original link. It is basically a lady being upset because her coffee break is exposing her to lead poisoning (or some other wacky sort of logic)
    I misunderstood, thanks for the correction.

Since she signed her name it might be a good idea to write to her directly.

I found a blog she has up.
    http://www.shewrites.com/profile/Che...ource=activity

It has links to a facebook and twitter.

actually looking at that link it seems to e a propagandists feminine writers social networking and interaction type site. Moral of the story:

Guns kill people so lets just get rid of all of them (well at least the ones we can find, everyone hiding them must have good and honorable reason to hide them)
    Women are the only ones allowed to write novels, nonfiction, journals, blogs, or anything else that will never be published except online, but enjoy interacting with other like minded radical writers. (extremely tongue in cheek there)
    and oh yeah it is just her "facebook" like page on htere, not her actual site or personal blog or anything....

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Now now, that's not called for. Plastic guns certainly have their place, and they serve their function well. They just do it without a single iota of actual class
    I never have ammo long enough that I have to carry it in Tupperware to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    The reality is that for the mall, movie theaters and Costco they don't want to see a gun...

I conceal, I don't do any of the 3 very often all though I was at a theater at the mall today, but that is the first movie I have seen in a theater in over a year. I get gas at Costco every now and then and OC at the gas pump! (I'm a rebel) I CC on a monthly trip to Costco.

I think I will write a letter to WA Gunfire and let them know I CC and have for 20 years to Costco. And I will continue to do so, and like G20, loosely!
    This, all the way. I've been CCing to Costco for years and will continue to do so. I wonder what WA Ceasefire has to say about that?

"But... but... the rules say you CAN'T..."

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    I think Costco may be enforcing their policy a bit more because of this incident in Las Vegas...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nvol.-shooting
    I don't know if most of you have heard about it, I just found out....