• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from Wisconsin

grinner

Hi. I read the general rules and I can't find an "introductions" area of the forums. I don't mean to clog things up here, but I did want to say "hi" before I jump into discussions with you all. I plan to be here for a while.

This is mostly new to me. Until 2 weeks ago I hadn't fired a handgun. Turns out I'm a reasonable shot and I really enjoyed it. So combine a conservative, limited gov't mindset with figuring out that I like to shoot, and here I am.

My goal is to be active in Wisconsin politics to help pass concealed carry (or more specifically, REPEAL the statutes limiting it), while building my skills all the way around to make myself competent to participate when the time comes. If I'm ready to open carry in the meantime, so be it.

To make this a little more of a valid topic, if anyone wants to pass on any words of advice to a newbie, I'm all ears.

Anyway, Hi all.

Jack House

To make this a little more of a valid topic, if anyone wants to pass on any words of advice to a newbie, I'm all ears.
Don't eat or drink anything that Eye95 gives you, never trust a guerrilla with a carrot cigar. :monkey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Welcome. Welcome to the Wisconsin forum too!

Come on over to the Wisconsin (sub)forum

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?133-Wisconsin

Putting me in your Ignore List will save a lot of grief for the other newbies. Send our owner/administrator some money to cover the expense of operating the site if you will, but expect to be dunned by the various gun control groups that lurk here, like the NRA, WCCA and WCCI.

eye95

Welcome!

Just a suggestion: Don't take the advice of a man flipping you an unusually large bird with a rubber glove.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Come on over to the Wisconsin (sub)forum

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?133-Wisconsin

Putting me in your Ignore List will save a lot of grief for the other newbies. Send our owner/administrator some money to cover the expense of operating the site if you will, but expect to be dunned by the various gun control groups that lurk here, like the NRA, WCCA and WCCI.

Another "Welcome" to OCDO and a second to hie thyself over to the Wisconsin subforum.

Seriously - take Doug's advice and put him on your "ignore" list now - it will save time, energy and heartburn later on. Not only is he a grumpy old man. he's opinionated and tends to spout off about all sorts of stuff.

Wait! Is that Doug, or is it me I just described?

Doesn't matter. Ignore him.

And again. "welcome".

stay safe.

eye95

Another "Welcome" to OCDO and a second to hie thyself over to the Wisconsin subforum.

Seriously - take Doug's advice and put him on your "ignore" list now - it will save time, energy and heartburn later on. Not only is he a grumpy old man. he's opinionated and tends to spout off about all sorts of stuff.

Wait! Is that Doug, or is it me I just described?

Doesn't matter. Ignore him.

And again. "welcome".

stay safe.

Reading what you write is time well-spent.