• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now that July 1st has gone, what will YOU do? How will you Carry in Restaurants?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I am just wondering what changes in behavior you will make, if any. I know this is an OpenCarry message board and I will continue to OpenCarry as I have done in the past.

There are however a couple of restaurants that family and friends go to that did not allow OpenCarry so I just never went. Now I can.. I am still having trouble deciding on if they are worthy of my money. I can CC and go with family and friends when they want to go to one of these places or continue my own little boycott.. I am not sure what I am gonna do.

What are you gonna do:question:

45acpForMe

First of all I would guess that most people carry for self defense rather than furthering the cause of OC. That said, carry no matter the mode.

Secondly I like to CC my BUG so now I won't have to stow my BUG when going into a restaurant.

Thirdly there are times where OC-ing gets you in trouble in certain circles. For example, when I take a customer out to lunch I am officially on the clock and my employer is a big ANTI. So while my customer might not mind me OC-ing if word got back to other employees or managers I could find myself out of work. So to CC, I will still be carrying (legally) and no danger of losing my job. There are also some family members that are anti and to keep the peace at their birthday celebrations (their home) OC is a no-no. CC allows me to still be able to defend myself without causing a stir by either not showing up in the first place or showing up OC-ing.

I think that some will stop OC-ing and revert back to CC. For sitting in a restaurant I don't think it matters much, but for walking the streets I prefer the deterrent of OC as well as the quicker access. So in places where mugging or attack are more likely/possible I prefer to OC.

Edited to add: For restaurants posting no-guns signs I will still mostly boycott them.

Last edited:

Thundar

Maybe I will conceal upon initial entry and order a large menu item. After consuming about half, which is what I would normally eat, I will go to the restroom and emerge open carrying. Their choice is now to eject me or allow me to finish while OC. Eject me before the meal is complete and I certainly will not pay for it.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I have and will continue to OC in places serving alcohol as much as possible. For those places that restrict carry to one form or another the CC only places will not get my business as it is restricted to those who buy the permit, but would give my business to OC only places since OC is not restricted to those who pay to defend themselves.

gis

Maybe I will conceal upon initial entry and order a large menu item. After consuming about half, which is what I would normally eat, I will go to the restroom and emerge open carrying. Their choice is now to eject me or allow me to finish while OC. Eject me before the meal is complete and I certainly will not pay for it.

Interesting approach to reducing your restaurant expenditures. Maybe you can start a list of restaurants offering "free" meals. LOL

Last edited:

Riana

Now I don't have to worry as much about which holster to wear, so I can switch from CC to OC - I can just CC all the time if I want to. Heck, I might even wear skirts and dresses more often (assuming I get a holster that'll work with them). :D

curtiswr

I probably won't even go to restaurants anymore. The blood is supposed to be knee deep and filling the streets now because of this new law, don't you know? :p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I probably won't even go to restaurants anymore. The blood is supposed to be knee deep and filling the streets now because of this new law, don't you know? :p

It's a holiday Curtis.
The blood is flowing at cookouts.

Tomorrow it;ll be the restaurants.:lol:

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Five people are recovering today after being shot last night in Richmond.
It happened around 10:30pm at St. John and Federal streets in Gilpin Court. Police say the shooting may have stemmed from an argument at a cookout.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No change in carry mode anticipated - it is after all else is said and done, the best conversation starter. :D