Thread: Hi from Pewaukee

Hi from Pewaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Come on over to the Wisconsin (sub)forum
    Thanks, Doug, for the invite.

Hi everyone. A new guy from Pewaukee here. If you'd like to read a general intro post from me, it's here.

General interests besides shooting and protecting our rights are Jeeps and Boating. Feel free to get in touch with me if you're in the area.

Wisconsinites are about to lose a right today, on our Nation's birthday: for tavern owners to decide if patrons can smoke in their establishments. Tomorrow, all Wisconsin restaurants and bars are smoke-free. I'm a non-smoker, but I would vigorously defend a property owner's right to decide what legal activity happens in his/her business. If I don't like it, I can talk to the owner, go elsewhere, or buy the place myself. Those seem like pretty good free-market options to me. But today the social engineer busybodies win a battle, and tomorrow we are less free than we are today...

Anyway, I don't mean to cause an off-topic stir. Particularly on my 2nd post. I just stopped by to say Hi.

Cheers, all, and HAPPY 4th!!!!!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    Thanks, Doug, for the invite.

Hi everyone. A new guy from Pewaukee here. If you'd like to read a general intro post from me, it's here.

General interests besides shooting and protecting our rights are Jeeps and Boating. Feel free to get in touch with me if you're in the area.

Wisconsinites are about to lose a right today, on our Nation's birthday: for tavern owners to decide if patrons can smoke in their establishments. Tomorrow, all Wisconsin restaurants and bars are smoke-free. I'm a non-smoker, but I would vigorously defend a property owner's right to decide what legal activity happens in his/her business. If I don't like it, I can talk to the owner, go elsewhere, or buy the place myself. Those seem like pretty good free-market options to me. But today the social engineer busybodies win a battle, and tomorrow we are less free than we are today...

Anyway, I don't mean to cause an off-topic stir. Particularly on my 2nd post. I just stopped by to say Hi.

Cheers, all, and HAPPY 4th!!!!!
    So, can you please cite the US or State Constitution that give us the right to smoke?

Welcome to the forum but please try to stay on topic, which is specifically OC of handguns.

Here are the rules.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Happy Independence Day. Blessed Independence Day.

Happy Independence Day. Blessed Independence Day.

Banned
    Frrrreeeeeeeeeeedddddooooooooommmmmm!

Welcome to the forum.

Banned

Druggies, "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    So, can you please cite the US or State Constitution that give us the right to smoke?
    The right to smoke is the same as the right to take any drug, there are "certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Because one has the right does not demand profligate self-indulgence.

OK, slightly off topic it was. But there's a reason the federal agency is organized as "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms." These are related issues with a common enemy to freedom.

The point of my post really was to introduce myself, and I do appreciate the welcomes. I don't wish to engage in an argument about the appropriateness of the smoking ban. That war has already been decided so debate is worthless. Today is just the effective date of the loss of those property rights.

I'll stay on-topic from here out.

Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    OK, slightly off topic it was. But there's a reason the federal agency is organized as "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms." These are related issues with a common enemy to freedom.
    You won't get any argument from me on that one. ATF should renamed themselves AF as tabacco is now regulated by the FDA.

Banned

There, fixed it for you.

ATF should renamed themselves AFU! ]
    There, fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    There, fixed it for you.
    I see what you did there!

McX
    smoke free environment?! we don't need no steekin smoke free environment! you can still smoke in my shop! after all your car does it there all the time! heh-heh.

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the ride. This forum is a great place to gain knowledge and wisdom, we have a lot of very intellegent men and women here ready to help in anyway possible. Carry on.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Our founding fathers are shaking their heads right now...

Just because a right isn't specifically listed in the constitution doesn't mean we don't have it.

Many of the founding fathers resisted the bill of rights because they thought it would risk people thinking these are the ONLY rights we have. We have rights far beyond what is listed in the constitution or bill of rights.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.