• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi from Pewaukee

grinner

Come on over to the Wisconsin (sub)forum

Thanks, Doug, for the invite.

Hi everyone. A new guy from Pewaukee here. If you'd like to read a general intro post from me, it's here.

General interests besides shooting and protecting our rights are Jeeps and Boating. Feel free to get in touch with me if you're in the area.

Wisconsinites are about to lose a right today, on our Nation's birthday: for tavern owners to decide if patrons can smoke in their establishments. Tomorrow, all Wisconsin restaurants and bars are smoke-free. I'm a non-smoker, but I would vigorously defend a property owner's right to decide what legal activity happens in his/her business. If I don't like it, I can talk to the owner, go elsewhere, or buy the place myself. Those seem like pretty good free-market options to me. But today the social engineer busybodies win a battle, and tomorrow we are less free than we are today...

Anyway, I don't mean to cause an off-topic stir. Particularly on my 2nd post. I just stopped by to say Hi.

Cheers, all, and HAPPY 4th!!!!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thanks, Doug, for the invite.

Hi everyone. A new guy from Pewaukee here. If you'd like to read a general intro post from me, it's here.

General interests besides shooting and protecting our rights are Jeeps and Boating. Feel free to get in touch with me if you're in the area.

Wisconsinites are about to lose a right today, on our Nation's birthday: for tavern owners to decide if patrons can smoke in their establishments. Tomorrow, all Wisconsin restaurants and bars are smoke-free. I'm a non-smoker, but I would vigorously defend a property owner's right to decide what legal activity happens in his/her business. If I don't like it, I can talk to the owner, go elsewhere, or buy the place myself. Those seem like pretty good free-market options to me. But today the social engineer busybodies win a battle, and tomorrow we are less free than we are today...

Anyway, I don't mean to cause an off-topic stir. Particularly on my 2nd post. I just stopped by to say Hi.

Cheers, all, and HAPPY 4th!!!!!

So, can you please cite the US or State Constitution that give us the right to smoke?

Welcome to the forum but please try to stay on topic, which is specifically OC of handguns.

Here are the rules.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Druggies, "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."

So, can you please cite the US or State Constitution that give us the right to smoke?
The right to smoke is the same as the right to take any drug, there are "certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Because one has the right does not demand profligate self-indulgence.

grinner

OK, slightly off topic it was. But there's a reason the federal agency is organized as "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms." These are related issues with a common enemy to freedom.

The point of my post really was to introduce myself, and I do appreciate the welcomes. I don't wish to engage in an argument about the appropriateness of the smoking ban. That war has already been decided so debate is worthless. Today is just the effective date of the loss of those property rights.

I'll stay on-topic from here out.

M

McX

smoke free environment?! we don't need no steekin smoke free environment! you can still smoke in my shop! after all your car does it there all the time! heh-heh.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Our founding fathers are shaking their heads right now...

Just because a right isn't specifically listed in the constitution doesn't mean we don't have it.

Many of the founding fathers resisted the bill of rights because they thought it would risk people thinking these are the ONLY rights we have. We have rights far beyond what is listed in the constitution or bill of rights.