• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How will (did) You Celebrate Independence Day with OC?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Independence Day is the celebration that speaks most directly to who and what we are as free people. There is a thread started by Southern Boy that refers to much of that struggle: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?77239-Independence-Day

What I seek to share with others here is what YOU did in celebration of this day whether watching patriotic films, BBQing, writing letters to congressmen or working - and how OC played a part.

Do NOT post dissenting opinions or negative comments about where we are or where we are going in this continued struggle. No negative discourse permitted.

Make this a celebration and make it personal! Marching bands and flag waving permitted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP1CQEboIo

B

Bikenut

Today... on July 4th... Independence Day... the day set aside to celebrate kicking King George to the curb... the one day out of the year set aside to honor the freedom we enjoy all of the days of the year....

Yooperlady and I held our annual backyard open carry picnic for family, friends, and neighbors. And each year we have more and new people attending. Some open carry, some do not, but everyone eats their fill, talks up a blue streak, makes new acquaintances..... and no one, not one (including small children), have any problems with people carrying guns in plain sight on their hips.

It was a very good day.

RedRuger

How I celebrated Independence Day

By attending the 4 Night Defensive Handgun course at Front Sight. The class was great. The fireworks last night were spectacular.

p85

by getting a tattoo

Molon Labe in the original greek.

Attachments

• MolonLabe.jpg
    MolonLabe.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 71

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
I OC'd around Rapid as I went spending money like a good American;) Gas station, Uhaul storage, Cabelas, Radioshack. We get a lot of tourist around in the summer, especially around the 4th due to our proximity to Mt. Rushmore. In the Cabelas lot I noted plates from Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Iowa, New York, California, etc.

marine77

I too went out with family for a picnic near the water, rode my first waterski, GOD, what a blast, lol!! Been wanting
to do that for years.

Eternal viligence people, to keep the freedoms that we have. Get educated.