• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA! See Philosophy Of Liberty (8min long)

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
I'm pasting this from my FaceBook I sent around.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA! PLEASE remember about what LIBERTY and Freedom really is, do not forget while you spend time with family and friends celebrating, eating steak and burgers, drinking, fireworks etc. HERE is an 8 minute reminder on what LIBERTY & FREEDOM really is! SIMPLE, TRUE and EFFECTIVE. I ask all of ......you on my Facebook (1100 +friends) to friends and family here in AMERICA, back home in NEW ZEALAND and elsewhere in the world to pass along this short simple lesson on LIBERTY far and wide! Let my facebook wall be filled to overflowing because you reposted this on your wall, MAKE IT GO VIRAL! We are human and we are free!!! The Philosophy of Liberty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1buym2xUM&feature=player_embedded

crisisweasel

I'm pasting this from my FaceBook I sent around.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA! PLEASE remember about what LIBERTY and Freedom really is, do not forget while you spend time with family and friends celebrating, eating steak and burgers, drinking, fireworks etc. HERE is an 8 minute reminder on what LIBERTY & FREEDOM really is! SIMPLE, TRUE and EFFECTIVE. I ask all of ......you on my Facebook (1100 +friends) to friends and family here in AMERICA, back home in NEW ZEALAND and elsewhere in the world to pass along this short simple lesson on LIBERTY far and wide! Let my facebook wall be filled to overflowing because you reposted this on your wall, MAKE IT GO VIRAL! We are human and we are free!!! The Philosophy of Liberty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1buym2xUM&feature=player_embedded

This is indeed a fantastic summary of the philosophy of freedom. Thank you for posting it. Will send it around as far and wide as I can. There is so much passion that lies behind advocating for freedom that isn't covered here but this is an excellent primer to get the conversation going.

jbone

Not being disrespectful but I have to ask. Is home America or New Zeeland? You reference New Zeeland as back home. I only say because I think that this is one of America’s threatening issues; those who continue to refer to themselves in another country of origin before American. I think it should American-Irish, American-German, and American-Mexican, or better yet just plain American. I person can be American without fear of forgetting their heritage.
Believe me, my ancestors came from elsewhere but I claim American. My past is well documented on one side to the Richard I of Normandy up through George Soul of the Mayflower, another line 11th century Prussia,. If we are American citizens, or aspire to be! Our first loyalty is to America, and we should claim American first. Again, not intended to insult in anyway, just one of those things I see as eroding the identity of the American culture.

Happy Independence Day! Which is really every day.

simmonsjoe

Not being disrespectful but I have to ask. Is home America or New Zeeland? You reference New Zeeland as back home. I only say because I think that this is one of America’s threatening issues; those who continue to refer to themselves in another country of origin before American. I think it should American-Irish, American-German, and American-Mexican, or better yet just plain American. I person can be American without fear of forgetting their heritage.
Believe me, my ancestors came from elsewhere but I claim American. My past is well documented on one side to the Richard I of Normandy up through George Soul of the Mayflower, another line 11th century Prussia,. If we are American citizens, or aspire to be! Our first loyalty is to America, and we should claim American first. Again, not intended to insult in anyway, just one of those things I see as eroding the identity of the American culture.

You are arguing semantics. You can be proud of your heritage and still be a proud American. The people your concerned about don't want to be American. They want to be where ever they came from but with all the benefits of America.

Also maybe read his signature.:banghead:
"NewZealander By Birth, American By The Grace Of God."
Maybe check out his facebook or myspace.
Whether you intended insult, I feel you gave it by questioning him without researching the information he already provided you.:confused:

Where is your FREEDOM PAGE, Mr. Mayflower?:lol:

Last edited:

jbone

Not arguing semantics; just pointing out the language that was used openly by another “back home in NEW ZEALAND” I was not the one who offered the statement for interpretation or question, I only noticed it. I believe there can only be one home, it’s here in the U.S. or it’s somewhere else. Home is the country you claim loyalty with, not to be confused or generalized with birth place. Absolutely, yes, not knowing your own lineage is depriving yourself of important knowledge. But I feel those who can’t claim American 1st has identity issues or perhaps a lesser loyalty to the U.S. Call me what you will! Just start with American-…

WEBSITE! I wouldn’t know where to begin building, let alone the time to maintain it.

I loved the Mr. Mayflower remark, how would I change jbone to AmericanMayflower?

Last edited:

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb

No worries, I know you mean well. Yes I love and miss N.Z. with all my heart and i also love America with all my heart, this is my home too and i love America as if i were born here. You may not agree that is is possible or right for one to love both countries equally, but I do and I proclaim that solidly with dignity and reverence. As much as I miss N.Z. it is already my desire that America is where I choose to live out my life for the rest of my days. Even if i were rich I would live here and only VISIT N.Z. often. I am out of New Zealand but you can't take New Zealand out of me, I am American and i have America in me. As my saying goes "New Zealander By Birth, American By The Grace Of God"