• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

J_Douglass

Hello all,

My name is Jason, I am in the Army and after basic was stationed at Ft. Lewis in WA. I Learned my way around a firearm when I was young, by the teachings of my father. He was in the navy for 14 years. In my home state of FL I have my concealed weapons permit and carry concealed on a daily basis. I was directed here after searching about OC in WA. I am currently in Iraq near the end of my deployment. When I return I plan on getting my CPL since my state is not reciprocal with WA. I also plan to OC upon my return and hope to learn as much as possible. Thanks for reading!

Jason

wolffe

Welcome to the site where nothing really ever happens, you just look at daily stories such as "So I opened carried into a 7-eleven today, and it was awesome. A woman spotted me and asked me questions".

Where everyone here is a dedicated NRA member, and whom almost all of which can't distinguish between Privilege & Right.

Almost everyone on this site thinks CWC Permits are a good idea. Permits & Licenses takes away from your freedoms and it could not be demonstrated more clearly than if hte license/permit is from the government.

Enough of the rant.

welcome.

Mr.FiredUp

Welcome to the site where nothing really ever happens, you just look at daily stories such as "So I opened carried into a 7-eleven today, and it was awesome. A woman spotted me and asked me questions".

Where everyone here is a dedicated NRA member, and whom almost all of which can't distinguish between Privilege & Right.

Almost everyone on this site thinks CWC Permits are a good idea. Permits & Licenses takes away from your freedoms and it could not be demonstrated more clearly than if hte license/permit is from the government.

Enough of the rant.

welcome.

(regarding above post)....Ummmm... Wow.

On to the purpose here... Welcome to the forum and welcome to open carry (when you return of course). I'm sure you'll find lots of great information about the state you will be returning to when you get back in the states section (bottom of the main forum page). Ask as many questions as you need and I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for.

Thank you for your service, and thank you for supporting the second amendment. We need more like you in this country.

crisisweasel

Okay, well, there is quite a lot of that, but I still find those things interesting. The most important aspect of this right is the moral one; the second would be the practical. However there are also cultural issues which are interesting and impact whether the government infringes the right, or at least the nature of the battle. The open carry movement is most certainly fighting a cultural battle as well, and I think something can be learned from peoples stories. How sad it would be if we had universally uninfringed open carry but every business and patch of private property banned it.

Yeah, everyone has a big problem with the NRA these days, but that's a subject for another post. As for the second part of this, I don't find that true at all - especially not here. I think most people understand the difference.

Almost everyone on this site thinks CWC Permits are a good idea. Permits & Licenses takes away from your freedoms and it could not be demonstrated more clearly than if the license/permit is from the government.

I think most people here think having the choice to conceal or carry openly is a good idea, but I can't say I recall running into anyone here who thinks that having to have a government permission slip to conceal is a good thing. I don't know which forums you read.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I deliberately omitted replying to Wolffe's comments to avoid turning an introduction thread into an argument thread.

rodbender

I deliberately omitted replying to Wolffe's comments to avoid turning an introduction thread into an argument thread.

UH....you just did. Reply to wolffe, that is.

The NRA sucks. A right is what you can decide to exercise on your own and a privilege is something that is government sanctioned.

Did I pass your test, wolffe?

eye95

Welcome, Jason.

As you can see, despite any contention to the contrary, the folks at this site are not monolithic in their ideas. We have rabid NRA supporters, rabid NRA haters, and rational folks in between. We have libertarians, conservatives, and liberals (by today's typical usages of those words). We have folks here who see the Constitution as "a living document," some who want to return to original intent of the founding document, and some who want to return to the Articles of Confederation. We have folks who insist on OC only, folks who recognize the value of both, and the occasional visit by a CC-only advocate.

The point is that we are a diverse lot. No one passed a quota law to make us that way. We just are, because it is natural to be so. I think that's a plus.

We do tend to agree on the value of OC, even if we have different takes on why we OC. And, that's what pulls us together into a grassroots movement.

Ain't Liberty wonderful?

J_Douglass

I'm Glad there is a diverse grouping of people here. I need to start poking around the WA forum and see whats going on with OC over there. thanks all for the welcomes.

J_Douglass

In case anyone was wondering currently owned weapons are as follows:
FN Five seveN
Kahr P9
Ruger SR9
Sig Mosquito
Marlin glenfield model 70 .22lr (my wifes great grandfathers passed to me by her mother)
Mossberg 500 w/7 shot tube 20" barrell
Bushmaster Ar-15 eotech and other goodies on that one

Last edited:

tony d tiger

Hello Jason

Saw your post in another thread and dug this one back up for ya'. 8^D

Unusual spelling for Douglass, you have there... and one I share as well. I work on JBLM and hope to see you some time when you return - maybe we share a long lost cousin or something. LOL

Be safe!
Tony
*thank you for your service!