• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call Florida Sen Mike Fasano NOW! (727) 848-5885 - Support Florida Open Carry!

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Call Florida Sen Mike Fasano NOW! (727) 848-5885
Ask him to support Florida Open Carry

"Florida gun laws are, in my opinion, satisfactory," said Sen. Mike Fasano, R-New Port Richey. "We don't need anything."
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jul/02/pa-gun-ruling-changes-nothing-in-florida/

The problem is that you have to have a license in Florida to Bear Arms. Unlicensed Open Carry will fix that problem.

eye95

While working the Alabama Open Carry booth at the Dothan gun show, we encountered a huge number of Florida residents who lamented their inability to OC. Of course, I pointed out that FL law could not prohibit them from OCing in Alabama. That did not cheer them up at all. :uhoh:

Maybe those FL residents who learned that OC is legal in AL and 42 other states will now actively wonder to their State pols why it isn't legal in FL.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Anyone who believes that laws which infring upon the people's right to keep and bear arms are "satisfactory" is either ignorant of our Constitution and its amendments, or they're an enemy of our Constitution and its amendments.

The latter condition can be mitigated by voting the guy out of office. The former condition, however, is simply an evolutionary step in the wrong direction.