Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: funny walmart

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    st.joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    187

    Wink funny walmart

    i was shopping at walmart this mornig,and i saw three guys in dress shirts and slacks all three had guns on there hips,and beside there guns sat three ccw badges.i thought they were cops at first.i walked right by them to get a close look,i started laughing my *ss off,my wife asked what i was laughing at but i was laughing so hard i couldnt tell her until later.(LEO WANTABE'S).

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    Now why would they need CCW badges if they were carrying openly?

    I guess I'll just never understand the need for some people to try to make themselves seem powerful.

  3. #3
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664
    A-s-s-h-a-t-s.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Now why would they need CCW badges if they were carrying openly?
    My question also.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    Because they don't have the balls to carry on the constitution. Even they think they need a badge to do so. Frigg'n ****** bags. This is why people mistakenly believe that a gun must go with a badge.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Will we see these mall-ninja wannabes on 'The People of WalMart'?

    Will we see these mall-ninja wannabes on 'The People of WalMart'? Were they NitroVic, Geko45 and G LOC K34?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Now why would they need CCW badges if they were carrying openly?
    My question is why anybody would ever NEED a CCW "badge." Or want one, for that matter.

    Humans are such peculiar creatures.

  8. #8
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger .454 View Post
    My question is why anybody would ever NEED a CCW "badge." Or want one, for that matter.

    Humans are such peculiar creatures.
    Easier to abduct young women.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Don Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    106
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    514
    I've never heard of a CC "badge" but it sounds cool, I want one, LOL

    I wear my belt with the buckle cocked to the side... it is circular, a celtic braided cross... and a friend of mine accused me of trying to look like a cop with my "badge" buckle right in front of my holster. I never thought about it before that but I guess from far enough away....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    A-s-s-h-a-t-s.
    Sherlock-homes we seem to have a clue here.

  12. #12
    McX
    Guest
    i went with a wisconsin carry sticker, chicks dig wisconsin carry!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    443
    I think they are retarded.


    Also wondering, how can they not get you with "impersonating an officer" when wearing such a badge?

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Stupid is as stupid does, and they done stupid by displaying a concealed carry permit next to an openly carried firearm.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    Asshats? Retarded? These three gentlemen were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. They chose to do so in a manner some don't agree with and it gives you the right to name call and degrade them? Why does it seem that many of those who are most vocal about their right to carry any way they like are also the most vocal about how others should open carry? You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.

    I have seen members on my state thread call other members "TRAITORS" to the OC movement because they felt their actions may reflect badly on the rest of us OC'ers. Time and time again I have seen posts to the effect that we are "representatives" of OC. Well, here's my take on that. I'm no representative for anyone. When I OC I do so for my own reasons. Too many seem to be confusing the campaign with the right. When I OC, I try to project myself in a positive manner, not because I'm OC'ing, but because I always try to project myself in a positive manner. If this helps to normalize OC for the general public goody, but not my main motivation. I OC to exercise a right not advertise for a "movement".

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    south central MO, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Asshats? Retarded? These three gentlemen were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. They chose to do so in a manner some don't agree with and it gives you the right to name call and degrade them? Why does it seem that many of those who are most vocal about their right to carry any way they like are also the most vocal about how others should open carry? You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.

    I have seen members on my state thread call other members "TRAITORS" to the OC movement because they felt their actions may reflect badly on the rest of us OC'ers. Time and time again I have seen posts to the effect that we are "representatives" of OC. Well, here's my take on that. I'm no representative for anyone. When I OC I do so for my own reasons. Too many seem to be confusing the campaign with the right. When I OC, I try to project myself in a positive manner, not because I'm OC'ing, but because I always try to project myself in a positive manner. If this helps to normalize OC for the general public goody, but not my main motivation. I OC to exercise a right not advertise for a "movement".
    +1
    I feel it is my God given right to carry how ever I see fit, with no reguard to anyone. If I want to carry openly or concealed it is my business any no one elses.

    It is not up to me to tell someone how to conduct their business while they OC. I personally don't see the purpose of badges, but that is just me. Maybe that is just their way of trying to avoid those pesky MWAG calls.

    When we OCer's learn unite and quit bickering amongst ourselves over petty differences then maybe we could all enjoy the ultimate goal, constitutional carry across the country. I personally am not going to cut down or name call another OCer for wearing a badge if they so want. No more than an one for the type of gun or holster they choose.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Now why would they need CCW badges if they were carrying openly?

    I guess I'll just never understand the need for some people to try to make themselves seem powerful.
    You read my mind.

  18. #18
    Regular Member MarlboroLts5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.
    Do a little research on " Impersonating a law enforcement officer". In just about every state, it it Illegal.

    And besides that....wearing a "CCW" "badge"...while carrying OPENLY??? Think about this for just a second. Concealed means just that...CONCEALED, i.e. hidden from view, not seen, out of sight. The main premise of carrying concealed is that it is not seen, that people around you DON'T KNOW YOU HAVE IT. Displaying a "badge" that states you are carrying concealed completely defeats the intent of carrying concealed. Does it not. These yo-yo's were carrying OPENLY.

    The purpose of a "badge" is to visually communicate that the person wearing it has been granted some sort of authority. Carrying as we do, openly or concealed, conveys no authority what-so-ever. Other than the fact that we believe in the 2A, and take our own defense seriously.

    So yes!!!, some goof displaying a "CCW badge" while carrying a firearm, is simply trying to convey authority they DON'T HAVE, and it does put the rest of us that simply carry IAW the law in a bad light.

    So to answer your quote....I WILL SLAM those few IDIOTS that choose to pull this crap. And I will report them to LE if I ever see it.

    And....Have a nice day.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

    -Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

  19. #19
    Regular Member Howey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Raceland,Ky
    Posts
    9
    I have seen that before and finaly asked one guy why the badge with the weapon on your side i guess he didn't get it just looked stupid

  20. #20
    Regular Member NY2AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    75
    Lulz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inlarge.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	3213  
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

  21. #21
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    As a printer and a graphic designer, I hold the 1A especially dear. Freedom of speech, expression, and the press are my "bread and butter" professionally. So any time someone seeks to abridge another's freedom of expression, I see it as "unreasonable restriction"...

    I find it troubling that many 2A activists seem to often disregard the FUNDAMENTAL right of Free Speech (which included ALL forms of expression) enumerated by the 1A. The Bill of Rights is NOT a "Chinese Menu" where you can take one from column A and one from column B and disregard the rest because you don't like them.

    If some doofus wants to wear a CC badge, then that is their RIGHT. It is a mode of expression, and there is no law prohibiting it. It's no different than wearing a "guns save lives" t-shirt, or a hat with your favorite gun-industry logo on it. It is a method of EXPRESSION, and they are expressing their (misplaced) pride in the fact that they have a permit.

    Personally, I think that wearing such a badge is stupid. It defeats the purpose of CC if they are CCing. And it is absolutely unnecessary if they are OCing. It makes them look like a mall ninja to those of us "in the know" and it projects a false image of authority to the more clueless members of our society that think you need a permit to OC.

    I think that wearing or even carrying such badges is silly. I think it is potentially dangerous (getting arrested for "impersonating an officer"). And I think it defeats the entire political purpose behind OC--which is to educate the public that OC is a RIGHT that requires no special badge, permission slip, or blessing from "the man".

    But as a mode of expression, I will defend it. Much like burning the flag, I don't, accept or promote it, but I defend their right to express their (misguided) beliefs. Personally, I think such badges are sort of like a "warning system" to alert all knowledgeable gun owners that the wearer of such a badge is a goob with low-self esteem, and is a sad, sad example of a mall ninja and should probably be avoided at all cost.

    I don't mean nothing by that. I'm just sayin'...

    Sure these guys are doofuses. And you'd better believe that I WILL let them know how I feel about their little badges if I ever see anyone wearing one (hey, I can exercise my 1A rights too!). But the way I read the 1A, it does not exempt stupid, self-serving, ego-inflating expression (which is what such badges represent). Much like the 2A does not exempt "the wrong kinds of people", neither does the 1A exempt expression that is stupid, silly, or offensive to some small group.

    The Bill of Rights isn't "multiple choice". You either buy into the whole thing, or you reject everything it stands for--there is no middle ground when it comes to FUNDAMENTAL human rights.

    And we all have OUR 1A rights to express to these people how WE feel about their silly little badges, and we should not hesitate to exercise that right as well...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 09:21 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroLts5150 View Post
    Do a little research on " Impersonating a law enforcement officer". In just about every state, it it Illegal.

    And besides that....wearing a "CCW" "badge"...while carrying OPENLY??? Think about this for just a second. Concealed means just that...CONCEALED, i.e. hidden from view, not seen, out of sight. The main premise of carrying concealed is that it is not seen, that people around you DON'T KNOW YOU HAVE IT. Displaying a "badge" that states you are carrying concealed completely defeats the intent of carrying concealed. Does it not. These yo-yo's were carrying OPENLY.

    The purpose of a "badge" is to visually communicate that the person wearing it has been granted some sort of authority. Carrying as we do, openly or concealed, conveys no authority what-so-ever. Other than the fact that we believe in the 2A, and take our own defense seriously.

    So yes!!!, some goof displaying a "CCW badge" while carrying a firearm, is simply trying to convey authority they DON'T HAVE, and it does put the rest of us that simply carry IAW the law in a bad light.

    So to answer your quote....I WILL SLAM those few IDIOTS that choose to pull this crap. And I will report them to LE if I ever see it.

    And....Have a nice day.

    I have researched it in several states and they all say you have to actively protray yourself as Law Enforcement. Wearing one of these silly badges is no different than wearing a shirt with "Police", "DEA", "FBI", or "NYFD". Unless the person wearing it is actively trying to potray themselves as such, it's just a shirt or silly piece of tin. Wannabe's have the right to be Wannabe's.
    You have the right to slam them if you like, just don't cry when it's you being slammed for "scaring" someone carrying your gun out in the open, or being told you have a little man complex because you feel the need to show everyone your gun.

    And a fine day to you.

  23. #23
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664

    Yes it is a right!

    .I agree with you dreamer it is their right under the 1A. Therefor it is protected from govt intervention. Rights are not privileges however, and being criticized for how you act by fellow citizens is not a violation of your 1A. It is an assertion of their own 1A.

    The same as it is perfectly acceptable for some Anti to express his displeasure at me exercising my 2A rights.

    It is when you cross from expressing displeasure to legislating against a right that things change.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    .I agree with you dreamer it is their right under the 1A. Therefor it is protected from govt intervention. Rights are not privileges however, and being criticized for how you act by fellow citizens is not a violation of your 1A. It is an assertion of their own 1A.

    The same as it is perfectly acceptable for some Anti to express his displeasure at me exercising my 2A rights.

    It is when you cross from expressing displeasure to legislating against a right that things change.

    My point was as a group who says the Right To Keep And Bear Arms means we can carry anyway we like, it just seems odd that there are those who so quickly name call and degrade others for their choice on how to carry. I would also point out that our rights are not just protected from govt. intervention but private as well.
    You do have every right to criticize these gentlemen for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, just be aware it places you on the same coin with the anti's just a different side.

  25. #25
    Regular Member turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Independence, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroLts5150 View Post
    Do a little research on " Impersonating a law enforcement officer". In just about every state, it it Illegal.
    I agree totally on the stupidity of carrying a CC "badge".

    And your right, Impersonating an officer is illegal in every state, but you gotta look at the statutes on just what constitutes "impersonating".

    In Louisiana, you could put on an entire uniform, complete with gun, badge and patches that say Police and walk down the street and be legal.

    BUT! If you do dress like a cop and then try and do anything that implys you actually have police powers or privileges, THEN you are "impersonating an officer".

    It has to do with intent and there is at least one court case that emphasized that. A woman in Florida, wearing a local sheriffs office shirt was arrested for impersonating. The judge dismissed the charge saying the shirt alone does not constitute impersonating, otherwise everyone you see wearing one of those FBI or DEA novelty shirts could be arrested.

    So, the same thing could apply to the CC badge thing. As long as a wearer doesn't imply by words or actions that he is a LEO, making an "impersonating" charge stick might be difficult.

    Doesn't mean they won't get cuffed and stuffed though. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •