• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

funny walmart

gunman

i was shopping at walmart this mornig,and i saw three guys in dress shirts and slacks all three had guns on there hips,and beside there guns sat three ccw badges.i thought they were cops at first.i walked right by them to get a close look,i started laughing my *ss off,my wife asked what i was laughing at but i was laughing so hard i couldnt tell her until later.(LEO WANTABE'S).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Now why would they need CCW badges if they were carrying openly?

I guess I'll just never understand the need for some people to try to make themselves seem powerful.

Nevada carrier

Because they don't have the balls to carry on the constitution. Even they think they need a badge to do so. Frigg'n douche bags. This is why people mistakenly believe that a gun must go with a badge.

daddy4count

I've never heard of a CC "badge" but it sounds cool, I want one, LOL

I wear my belt with the buckle cocked to the side... it is circular, a celtic braided cross... and a friend of mine accused me of trying to look like a cop with my "badge" buckle right in front of my holster. I never thought about it before that but I guess from far enough away....

M

McX

i went with a wisconsin carry sticker, chicks dig wisconsin carry!

Big Boy

I think they are retarded.

Also wondering, how can they not get you with "impersonating an officer" when wearing such a badge?

SavageOne

Asshats? Retarded? These three gentlemen were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. They chose to do so in a manner some don't agree with and it gives you the right to name call and degrade them? Why does it seem that many of those who are most vocal about their right to carry any way they like are also the most vocal about how others should open carry? You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.

I have seen members on my state thread call other members "TRAITORS" to the OC movement because they felt their actions may reflect badly on the rest of us OC'ers. Time and time again I have seen posts to the effect that we are "representatives" of OC. Well, here's my take on that. I'm no representative for anyone. When I OC I do so for my own reasons. Too many seem to be confusing the campaign with the right. When I OC, I try to project myself in a positive manner, not because I'm OC'ing, but because I always try to project myself in a positive manner. If this helps to normalize OC for the general public goody, but not my main motivation. I OC to exercise a right not advertise for a "movement".

Freedom 1st

Asshats? Retarded? These three gentlemen were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. They chose to do so in a manner some don't agree with and it gives you the right to name call and degrade them? Why does it seem that many of those who are most vocal about their right to carry any way they like are also the most vocal about how others should open carry? You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.

I have seen members on my state thread call other members "TRAITORS" to the OC movement because they felt their actions may reflect badly on the rest of us OC'ers. Time and time again I have seen posts to the effect that we are "representatives" of OC. Well, here's my take on that. I'm no representative for anyone. When I OC I do so for my own reasons. Too many seem to be confusing the campaign with the right. When I OC, I try to project myself in a positive manner, not because I'm OC'ing, but because I always try to project myself in a positive manner. If this helps to normalize OC for the general public goody, but not my main motivation. I OC to exercise a right not advertise for a "movement".

+1
I feel it is my God given right to carry how ever I see fit, with no reguard to anyone. If I want to carry openly or concealed it is my business any no one elses.

It is not up to me to tell someone how to conduct their business while they OC. I personally don't see the purpose of badges, but that is just me. Maybe that is just their way of trying to avoid those pesky MWAG calls.

When we OCer's learn unite and quit bickering amongst ourselves over petty differences then maybe we could all enjoy the ultimate goal, constitutional carry across the country. I personally am not going to cut down or name call another OCer for wearing a badge if they so want. No more than an one for the type of gun or holster they choose.

MarlboroLts5150

You don't think badges are appropriate, fine don't carry one, but don't slam someone who does.

Do a little research on " Impersonating a law enforcement officer". In just about every state, it it Illegal.

And besides that....wearing a "CCW" "badge"...while carrying OPENLY??? Think about this for just a second. Concealed means just that...CONCEALED, i.e. hidden from view, not seen, out of sight. The main premise of carrying concealed is that it is not seen, that people around you DON'T KNOW YOU HAVE IT. Displaying a "badge" that states you are carrying concealed completely defeats the intent of carrying concealed. Does it not. These yo-yo's were carrying OPENLY.

The purpose of a "badge" is to visually communicate that the person wearing it has been granted some sort of authority. Carrying as we do, openly or concealed, conveys no authority what-so-ever. Other than the fact that we believe in the 2A, and take our own defense seriously.

So yes!!!, some goof displaying a "CCW badge" while carrying a firearm, is simply trying to convey authority they DON'T HAVE, and it does put the rest of us that simply carry IAW the law in a bad light.

So to answer your quote....I WILL SLAM those few IDIOTS that choose to pull this crap. And I will report them to LE if I ever see it.

And....Have a nice day. :)

Howey01

I have seen that before and finaly asked one guy why the badge with the weapon on your side i guess he didn't get it just looked stupid