• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CCW Class - July 10 - McHenry, IL

MikeMoore

I still have a few seats open for my July 10th class! Here's the information:

Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010
Time: 9:30am - Approx 2pm

Register online: http://www.anywhereccw.com or email mike@anywhereccw.com

Class includes:
• The Class
• Passport Photos
• Fingerprinting
• Mail everything required to Utah's Bureau of Criminal Identification for processing

If you're interested or have questions, contact me: mike@anywhereccw.com

jpm84092

Correction Dealing With Utah DFP for Folks Who Are Not Also Utah Residents

Dear Mr. Moore:

First, I think it a good thing that you are offering training leading to a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. In an article published by the New York Times yesterday, the newspaper claims that the Utah permit is the most desired CFP, particularly by out-of-state residents. See: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/us/06guns.html?ref=us

I have visited your website where a map of States that Honor the Utah Permit is posted. The fine print states that there are States that do not honor the Utah permit if the holder is not also a legal resident of Utah. These States are: Florida, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Colorado. These States pretty much honor any other State's permit, but only if it is issued to a resident of that State. See also: www.handgunlaw.us for more details including a color coded map that shows which States have a resident-only reciprocity agreement. If one of your students wants to take the training, and pick up an extra State or two, Florida will issue to non-residents, but you need proof of firearms training. With a Florida non-resident permit, a person can can carry in Florida and Kansas and New Mexico get added to the list. South Carolina will honor a Florida non-resident permit if the holder also owns land in South Carolina. (I looked on the SC Attorney General's website. You just need to own land in SC, not be a full time resident.) Like Utah, there are many Instructors who are also Certified in Florida.

By the way, I am an ex-Wisconsin resident now living in Utah. I had a non-resident Utah CFP while I was a resident of Wisconsin. I strongly encourage as many Illinois and Southern Wisconsin residents to sign up for and take the Utah course. Referring to the New York Times article, it is the most popular CFP for a reason. Non-residents can carry in 28 States (56% of the US). (Note: Iowa law will change on 1-1-2011. On that date, Iowa will honor a Utah permit; including non-resident permits. Then, a Utah permit will be honored in 29 States.)

Jim

Concealed Firearm Permit - Utah (resident)
Concealed Firearms Permit - Nevada
Concealed Weapon or Firearm License - Florida
Concealed Firearm Permit - Pennsylvania

Last edited: