• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jays sporting goods IS OC friendly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_freak_66

was just up at the gaylord Jays sporting goods...

right inside in giant letters they say they gladly welcome conceal carry,and any non concealed firearms must be unloaded,encased and all of that.

thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people"(as she refered to them as) to open carry,and i was told they only allow concealed carry.

anybody know anything about this? i was under the impression they are on the OC friendly business list.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

inside doors,right side,large sign.

manager was white female,small build,5'6 or so.25-35 id assume,dont remember hair color.

maahes

I was in the Clare Jays on Friday and there was a sign that stated CC and OC was A-OK but any firearm requiring service or fitting must be unloaded/checked. Spent prolly 2 hours in there had a few employees comment in a positive fashion.
I was gona go to Gaylord but called ahead and they didnt have what I needed so I drove past on the way to Mackinaw. Guess I should have stopped.

Beerme

Banned
was just up at the gaylord Jays sporting goods...

right inside in giant letters they say they gladly welcome conceal carry,and any non concealed firearms must be unloaded,encased and all of that.

thinking it might be an out dated sign,i ask the manager if they allow "ccw people" to open carry,and i was told they only allow concealed carry.

anybody know anything about this? i was under the impression they are on the OC friendly business list.

If you are going to attempt to have an intelligent conversation with someone regarding people with cpl's do not refer to them as you quoted yourself, "CCW people", try to show that you know even a tiny morsel of information of what you are talking about.

lil_freak_66

perhaps i didnt make myself clear,she called cpl holders "ccw people"

please reconsider negative posts without additional consideration.

lil_freak_66

received email from gaylord store manager.

it is below.

Thanks for taking the time to write me a letter addressing your
concerns. I would first like to say that Jay's Sporting Goods does
welcome open carry. I was alarmed at first because we do have signs
posted in the store that mention our policy and there should have been
one posted in the foyer. After researching, I did find them posted in
store but unfortunately the foyer sign was missing. I will be
correcting that personally this week.

I did take the opportunity to address the issue with our new Area
Managers. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please
don't hesitate to contact me directly at the number below.

Respectfully,

Mark

Mark Copeland
Store Director
Jay's Sporting Goods, Inc
989-705-1339 Ext. 540
mcopeland@jayssportinggoods.com

lil_freak_66

sent an email back to him saying that is more than sufficient,but i suggested that he get one of the MOC business stickers,and i told him i could send him one if he was interested.

Bailenforcer

Threads and common sense

There seems to be a total lack of common sense or a disregard to accuracy when posting threads on whether a Corporation is O.C. friendly or not. The thread named as if to assume the business isn't open carry without any previous fact checking is in the least irresponsible and inflammatory. Then to bash the Business with a slight of hand attack and assertions that are either untrue or just plain dead wrong is libelous. if we are to be taken seriously then we must point out FACTS and Confirm them FIRST and foremost!

I have carried at Jays so many times I couldn't begin to count them all. I carry a Large framed Custom Browning Hipower which is Nickle and in an Askins Avenger holster which a blind man can see. Not to mention the double mag pouches.. yet NOT ONCE was I questioned and in fact a few comments have been made on how nice the gun looked. So how anyone can start a thread bashing then making assertions or hinting at something amiss is beyond me. Then why not one person has not called out this thread as pure trash is another mystery. Post after post of spurious drivel and NO facts. Finally after numerous posts of silliness we get a single fact that disputes the entire thread.

I got a totally different story when talking to the management of Jays Gaylord. Their story makes PERFECT sense, and was to the point and no equivocation. They always have been O.C. friendly and hopefully will remain so. I have carried there since the store opened which I live minutes away from. But I do not play with my gun in the store, and that should NEVER happen. It's a weapon and should be treated as such. It takes one of two fools to mess things up for all of us. We must act in a responsible manner like men, not errant teenagers looking for attention.

A right is also a responsibility and I wish some would recognize this...

PDinDetroit

There seems to be a total lack of common sense or a disregard to accuracy when posting threads on whether a Corporation is O.C. friendly or not. The thread named as if to assume the business isn't open carry without any previous fact checking is in the least irresponsible and inflammatory. Then to bash the Business with a slight of hand attack and assertions that are either untrue or just plain dead wrong is libelous. if we are to be taken seriously then we must point out FACTS and Confirm them FIRST and foremost!

I have carried at Jays so many times I couldn't begin to count them all. I carry a Large framed Custom Browning Hipower which is Nickle and in an Askins Avenger holster which a blind man can see. Not to mention the double mag pouches.. yet NOT ONCE was I questioned and in fact a few comments have been made on how nice the gun looked. So how anyone can start a thread bashing then making assertions or hinting at something amiss is beyond me. Then why not one person has not called out this thread as pure trash is another mystery. Post after post of spurious drivel and NO facts. Finally after numerous posts of silliness we get a single fact that disputes the entire thread.

I got a totally different story when talking to the management of Jays Gaylord. Their story makes PERFECT sense, and was to the point and no equivocation. They always have been O.C. friendly and hopefully will remain so. I have carried there since the store opened which I live minutes away from. But I do not play with my gun in the store, and that should NEVER happen. It's a weapon and should be treated as such. It takes one of two fools to mess things up for all of us. We must act in a responsible manner like men, not errant teenagers looking for attention.

A right is also a responsibility and I wish some would recognize this...

I posted the following link above in Post #3 as there were issues there last year:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?60490-Jay-s-anti-open-carry.

Also, in the Open Carry Experiences Thread (starting at post #2409):

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?44995-List-your-open-carry-experiences-here./page97

Status
Not open for further replies.