Thread: Anyone have any (ironic) negative encounters on the 4th of July?

Lennon Michigan, ,

Anyone have any (ironic) negative encounters on the 4th of July?

Just curious. I did not, carried downtown Flint for fireworks, then into a few bars after words.

Near Lapeer (Hadley), Michigan, USA
    among other places, I oc'd at the fireworks at lapeer west high school on the 4th of july. No issues. There were ton's of cops there.

The remains of Flint, Michigan, USA
    I was on the Navy Pier in Chicago on the 4th. I could not even have a gun on my person in any fashion. Or in the hotel. The News said that there were 1000 police officers on duty at the pier and Grant park. I believe that. I saw clusters of police groups of 5 and 10 everywhere. Only handguns no ar-15 types or riot gear just plain street gear.

Two of the clusters

Sorry for the blur on this one someone bumped me as I took the picture.

I felt safe there but I would have liked my Sig with me on the walk back to the Hotel.
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

Iowa, USA

Home for the Holiday

I made it home for the 4th from Iowa. I spent most of my time in and around the Mason area from Thursday until tuesday the 6th. I open carried at the Mason 4th of July Parade with no issues. I even talked with an officer I knew growing up and he never even mentioned it. It was a good time. And it was nice to not have to deal with any harrassment.