• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any (ironic) negative encounters on the 4th of July?

LaVere

I was on the Navy Pier in Chicago on the 4th. I could not even have a gun on my person in any fashion. Or in the hotel. The News said that there were 1000 police officers on duty at the pier and Grant park. I believe that. I saw clusters of police groups of 5 and 10 everywhere. Only handguns no ar-15 types or riot gear just plain street gear.

Two of the clusters
4767037151_38e9c72674.jpg

4767677810_12ecf14009.jpg

Sorry for the blur on this one someone bumped me as I took the picture.

I felt safe there but I would have liked my Sig with me on the walk back to the Hotel.

Tucker6900

Home for the Holiday

I made it home for the 4th from Iowa. I spent most of my time in and around the Mason area from Thursday until tuesday the 6th. I open carried at the Mason 4th of July Parade with no issues. I even talked with an officer I knew growing up and he never even mentioned it. It was a good time. And it was nice to not have to deal with any harrassment.