• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Pa Right To Bear Arms BUS', H/T John R. Lott

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
No way to contact him via email to ask that a multitude of typos be corrected.

It's great that he has the idea and the determination to carry it out, but he ruins all the effort put into the project via sloppy little errors. Misspelling the names of companies you want to donate to your project never has been a good idea. Listing everybody that has not donated to you (what, as a means of encouraging/shaming them to do so?) is another way to fail.

As much as I support the concept he comes across via his website as a semi-literate redneck hick with too much patriotism and not enough good sense. I am sad that such is the case.

stay safe.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
As much as I support the concept he comes across via his website as a semi-literate redneck hick with too much patriotism and not enough good sense. I am sad that such is the case. Stay safe.
We here are guilty of just such semi-literate hickery. About half of the NAZI charges are spelling-NAZI and grammar-NAZI and elitist-NAZI charges.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We here are guilty of just such semi-literate hickery. About half of the NAZI charges are spelling-NAZI and grammar-NAZI and elitist-NAZI charges.

No, Doug. Our hosts made sure to spell-check all the basic framework stuff.

I do agree there is little that can be done to control the hoi poloi who post. I'm pretty sure I have not fallen into any of the three categories you list, but will admit to some dissatisfaction with posts that fall into other categories. I just try to contain my bile.

stay safe.

Don Tomas

No way to contact him via email to ask that a multitude of typos be corrected.

It's great that he has the idea and the determination to carry it out, but he ruins all the effort put into the project via sloppy little errors. Misspelling the names of companies you want to donate to your project never has been a good idea. Listing everybody that has not donated to you (what, as a means of encouraging/shaming them to do so?) is another way to fail.

As much as I support the concept he comes across via his website as a semi-literate redneck hick with too much patriotism and not enough good sense. I am sad that such is the case.

stay safe.

Funny. I thought the same thing. Similiar to how some people go out in public to OC and they give a terrible interview to a news reporter...leaving you with the feeling the OC movement has just been set back 20 years. DOH!

On the other hand....hick or no hick, at least he's a hick with a purpose and he's trying to do something to advance the cause.