Thread: Daytona News-Journal - Ease Florida's law prohibiting open carry

Daytona News-Journal - Ease Florida's law prohibiting open carry

Daytona News-Journal - Ease Florida's law prohibiting open carry

Excerpt ...
    July 6, 2010 12:05 AM
    Florida's ban on open carry creates practical issues and new constitutional problems.

Repealing the ban on unconcealed weapons -- also known as "open carry" -- will eliminate these practical and constitutional problems in Florida. It will provide relief from the summer heat for people who are carrying their concealed firearms...
    Last edited by StogieC; 08-07-2010 at 01:17 PM.

, ,
    Hmmmm, maybe that's why we get to do both in AZ Too hot to carry concealed all the time.

I grew up in an open carry state and was visiting friends in a bad part of town in a Texas city. We were going to go for a walk and I started walking to my car to strap my pistol on and suddenly realized what I couldn't do.

Open carry is a great crime deterrent. No cholo is going to mess with somebody openly carrying a pistol, but if all you can do is CCW, you have to wait until they threaten you to run them off, and you probably have to shoot them. Carrying openly in such a situation makes it so the shooting never happens.

I'd be willing to bet that there have been millions of times where a confrontation was avoided because of open carry and nobody will ever know.

Suwannee County, FL
    +1 ^

Why is this so hard for people to understand?