Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I may have touched a nerve... (or how I gots robbed)

I think I may have touched a nerve... (or how I gots robbed)

Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. We took my car which had proudly carried the bright orange GSL magnet.

I say had because when we parked, the magnet was there on my trunk lid (I drive a Saturn Wagon).

When we came out in the late afternoon to leave the park, we had a bit of trouble finding the car. We couldn't see the magnet. We found my car and sure enough, the magnet was gone.

I suspect that it may have touched a nerve and someone felt the need to squelch my ability to post messages on my car.

Yes, you read that right. Someone stole my Orange GSL magnet from my car. My only hope is that whoever took it will use it proudly. I doubt that is the case but one can hope.

On the plus side, my wife's van still has her GSL magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmord View Post
    Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. We took my car which had proudly carried the bright orange GSL magnet.

I say had because when we parked, the magnet was there on my trunk lid (I drive a Saturn Wagon).

When we came out in the late afternoon to leave the park, we had a bit of trouble finding the car. We couldn't see the magnet. We found my car and sure enough, the magnet was gone.

I suspect that it may have touched a nerve and someone felt the need to squelch my ability to post messages on my car.

Yes, you read that right. Someone stole my Orange GSL magnet from my car. My only hope is that whoever took it will use it proudly. I doubt that is the case but one can hope.

On the plus side, my wife's van still has her GSL magnet.
    where do you get your car serviced?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. .
    Check with Water Country. I bet that they have cameras on the parking lot. Its only a magnet and the value is nominal, but I am a stickler for things like that. I would get the plate of the car that the thief got into and hunt him down and put a petty larceny charge in his pocket. I can be an ass sometimes, but crap like that pisses me off.

A few years ago, someone at Maymont didn't like my business and they keyed my truck door and company magnet. If I ever caught them.....
    Last edited by ProShooter; 07-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Drive through type car washes will blow the magnet signs off the vehicle too.

Don't forget to remove them first and reinstall them afterward.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Drive through type car washes will blow the magnet signs off the vehicle too.

Don't forget to remove them first and reinstall them afterward.
    A friend of mine got her's stolen at Champps. Another friend thought that I PERSONALLY STOLE THEM in order to resell them but that is not the case.

I have some still.. but I don't know that I will make more. if more are to be made, I think VCDL might do it.

www.edsmags.com

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    A friend of mine got her's stolen at Champps. Another friend thought that I PERSONALLY STOLE THEM in order to resell them but that is not the case.

I have some still.. but I don't know that I will make more. if more are to be made, I think VCDL might do it.

www.edsmags.com
    You should add your coins to the magnet page...

TFred

Wouldn't put it past the anti's. They can be like rabid dogs sometimes. Some of you know what the back of my car looks like. I enjoy watching the facial expressions of the Anti's & Obama lovers as they read my rolling billboard. Some of them get so pissed off, they have to go around me and cut me off. Others just go around me. A special FEW get beside me just to flip me off. I especially LOVE those folks. I know I've hit a nerve then!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

An anti would have taken the magnet.... and then keyed your car.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Wouldn't put it past the anti's. They can be like rabid dogs sometimes. Some of you know what the back of my car looks like. I enjoy watching the facial expressions of the Anti's & Obama lovers as they read my rolling billboard. Some of them get so pissed off, they have to go around me and cut me off. Others just go around me. A special FEW get beside me just to flip me off. I especially LOVE those folks. I know I've hit a nerve then!
    I believe my "rolling billboard" is just as political/moral as yours and I have yet to have any negative comments. About once a week (today included) I get positive feedback from someone. I have had people pull up next to me on the highway, at stop lights and give me the thumbs up or say they like my bumper stickers. Luckily I have never had any of mine stolen (including the two VCDL round magnets).

Before the last presidential election, my ex-wife and her friend removed my Palin/McCain magnet and were planning on gluing an Obama sticker over it and putting it back on. My daughter and I noticed it missing right away and talked about who would steal a sticker like that. My daughter was actually quite upset that someone would take something off our car to the point my ex-wife finally fess-ed up saying how funny it was.

The good news is they are fairly cheap and easy to put back on. I like the magnetic stickers rather than actually sticking glue on my paint. The only problem is there are alot of "plastic" parts on cars these days so I am running out of places to put magnetic ones. :-)

Not a GSL magnet, but another pro-gun magnet taken from my car.

Watch for the antis to become more and more vicious as they see they continue to lose ground. After the next election, many of them will have to be put on suicide watch.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SNIP Drive through type car washes will blow the magnet signs off the vehicle too.
    Why are you always throwing water on the conversations around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Why are you always throwing water on the conversations around here?
    Whether trucks, canines or citizens - cools them down and cleans them up
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by beachpatriot13 View Post
    where do you get your car serviced?
    Not sure how it's pertinent but I go to the local Saturn dealership down on Laskin Road. I was told it's closing soon (can't use the name much longer) and all their people & operations will be moved to their old Chesapeake location.

But for everyone else, I did have the magnet on the car when we got out of the vehicle at WCUSA (remember, I use it as a car finding tool). When I looked at the spot where the magnet was at, I saw some smudging along the top side of the spot. Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.

Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.
    Maybe they wanted to promote the idea on their OWN car, and didn't know how or where to get their own. Let's hope that is the case, and they 'man up' to the act.

Not sure how it's pertinent but I go to the local Saturn dealership down on Laskin Road. I was told it's closing soon (can't use the name much longer) and all their people & operations will be moved to their old Chesapeake location.

But for everyone else, I did have the magnet on the car when we got out of the vehicle at WCUSA (remember, I use it as a car finding tool). When I looked at the spot where the magnet was at, I saw some smudging along the top side of the spot. Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.
    were still open think i have seen your car around here with the magnet on it. i work in the shop. stop in and say hi next time your there. btw my name is josh.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'm surprised they don't walk off more often.
    I'll bet I've given away 50 of the pins. Everyone wants one. The camera woman for Channel 8 even got one from me and she's borderline anti.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpatriot13 View Post
    were still open think i have seen your car around here with the magnet on it. i work in the shop. stop in and say hi next time your there. btw my name is josh.
    I thought I heard Saturn was going out of business and not making cars anymore.

Confirm or deny?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Confirm or deny?
    Take your pick -

http://www.leftlanenews.com/general-...lity-plan.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/bu....20278411.html

That's not a rumour. There are no "new" Saturns being built.

However, GM has claimed that all outstanding warranties and service will still be available, so Saturn-qualified service techs could still be in demand, at least for the immediately foreseeable future.

I understand they estimate enough OEM parts in inventory to get them through about 5-7 years.

But don't quote me on that last part.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm surprised they don't walk off more often.
    I'll bet I've given away 50 of the pins. Everyone wants one. The camera woman for Channel 8 even got one from me and she's borderline anti.
    I think the reason more don't walk off is because most people don't realize that they are magnetic and easily removed. When I see a bumber sticker on a car I assume it is glued on unless it noticeably sticks up like a magnet.

And this is why I removed the mags from my pickup. I noticed a lot of magnets missing from vehicles in my neighborhood. Maybe the owners removed them, maybe not. My truck was parked with the tailgate away from the street, so if it was a thief they probably didn't see them on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I think the reason more don't walk off is because most people don't realize that they are magnetic and easily removed.
    Or maybe, just maybe, people realize that removing an article from someone else's vehicle is indeed THEFT and, regardless of the intentions or predilections of the thief, is still a crime.

Our Lord saw no difference between the theft of one shekel or the theft of one's entire fortune. It is the inherent wrongness of the deed, not the volume or value of the object(s) stolen.

Whatever the reason for not taking something that belongs to someone else, I would like to believe that people are generally good... and that the immoral propaganda of the media cartels and public skrewl system are like tarnish.

They may be crass, indoctrinated shills on the surface, but somewhere in each is a person of value.

I have to believe that, or else all my other libertarian arguments fail under even the most casual scrutiny.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, people realize that removing an article from someone else's vehicle is indeed THEFT and, regardless of the intentions or predilections of the thief, is still a crime.

Our Lord saw no difference between the theft of one shekel or the theft of one's entire fortune. It is the inherent wrongness of the deed, not the volume or value of the object(s) stolen.

Whatever the reason for not taking something that belongs to someone else, I would like to believe that people are generally good... and that the immoral propaganda of the media cartels and public skrewl system are like tarnish. <snip>
    My comments were intended to describe people that normally would want to steal or deface the sticker/magnet. There are many law abiding people that would not. As far as your likes, I would like to be able to fly but that isn't reality. Our Lord (and I use the term with all reverence) confirmed through the bible that there is no one good, not one. Don't put too much faith in your fellow man, (any is sometimes too much) or you may find yourself disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    My comments were intended to describe people that normally would want to steal or deface the sticker/magnet.
    Fair enough.
    As far as your likes, I would like to be able to fly but that isn't reality.
    Indeed.
    Don't put too much faith in your fellow man, (any is sometimes too much) or you may find yourself disappointed.
    I merely mentioned that in order for my libertarian argument to hold up I have to grant a certain amount of license to others to be responsible for their own actions or I appear nothing but a hypocrite.

We are all born into sin. Only through Him are we saved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast