• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should States Have The Power To Outlaw Handguns? Please VOTE

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Any surprises here? Didn't think so. Just need to keep in mind the demographic they cater to - I'm sure the other side has their own poll that shows pretty much the exact opposite results.

syay safe.

Should States
Have Power to Outlaw Handguns?
Here are the results!

The Total Number of people who voted in this poll: 9,400

1) Was the U.S. Supreme Court's decision overturning McDonald v. City of Chicago the correct ruling?
94% voted: Yes
4% voted: No
1% voted: Undecided
2) Should states and municipalities be allowed to put any restriction on the ownership of weapons?
9% voted: Yes
84% voted: No
4% voted: Undecided
3) Would stricter gun laws make society safer?
2% voted: Yes
93% voted: No
1% voted: Undecided
4) Does owning a gun make you feel safer?
88% voted: Yes
3% voted: No
3% voted: Undecided
5) Which political party do you most closely align with philosophically?
1% voted: Democrat
63% voted: Republican
17% voted: Libertarian
13% voted: Other

eye95

I was going to reply until they asked for my email and said they'd send me stuff. I don't think the poll is the purpose. It is a gimmick to solicit members.

No.

Huck

Does owning a gun make you feel safer?

"Feeling safe" is a self delusion. No matter where you are, who you are, armed or unarmed, you are never truly safe from thugs. Being armed just makes you less unsafe.

Just my 2 cents...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was going to reply until they asked for my email and said they'd send me stuff. I don't think the poll is the purpose. It is a gimmick to solicit members.

No.

No option to opt out until after the fact - oh well, too bad.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Do you mean to tell me none of you have a spam email account for just this sort of stuff?

Shame on you.

stay safe.

eye95

Do you mean to tell me none of you have a spam email account for just this sort of stuff?

Shame on you.

stay safe.

I do. It even starts with "spambox." My point was that the poll was not genuine. Kind of like a push-poll over the phone. They don't really care about the result. They are trying to manipulate the respondent. In this case, they are trying to manipulate me into signing up for their emails. I don't respond well to that kind of deception.

Screw 'em.

sultan62

This is why you have a 'junk' email address at someplace like Yahoo....on the order of "CZ52King@yahoo" already set up.

I have them. More than one, that I use whenever I sign up for something new. (Also, to Firefox users out there, check out BugMeNot)

As eye95 said, the poll was pointless. Also, I couldn't remember the name of the account so I just closed the tab.

Don Tomas

No.

Yup. Mee too. Finished the poll answers, then saw the name/email field. No thanks!

Michigander

"Feeling safe" is a self delusion. No matter where you are, who you are, armed or unarmed, you are never truly safe from thugs. Being armed just makes you less unsafe.

Just my 2 cents...

"feeling safer" I think is a loaded statement that can be used to point towards being dillusional. Unless you're somewhere like Compton or Geary Indiana, you're probably a lot more likely to run into trouble with car accidents, illness, work related injuries or even a stupid slip and fall accident than to be attacked by a criminal. Being armed increases your chance of survival in an unlikely situation of an assailant. But I strongly believe that 88% of the people who filled that out don't have some broad feeling of safety that comes over them when they have a gun as opposed to when they don't. To me, truly feeling that way hints at likely past severe violent trauma, or other mental issues.

By the way, I too skipped the poll for the reason of it appearing to be a scam. If they had good intentions, they wouldn't have needed an email.

Last edited:

DreQo

State Researcher
lol What a waste. Just a gimmick to get you to sign up. I do think it's funny that such a large portion said they feel safer OWNING a gun. Like others have mentioned, that's borderline delusional.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
lol What a waste. Just a gimmick to get you to sign up. I do think it's funny that such a large portion said they feel safer OWNING a gun. Like others have mentioned, that's borderline delusional.

It is a beginning - gotta start somewhere and that is a good choice.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
This is like that CCRKBA junk mail I get all the time that has these BS polls or 'Stop xxx now just give us money and well do it for you' garbage. I have hit unsubscribe I don't know how many times and they keep coming....I never even signed up for anything from them in the first place. Seems that they want to be a mini NRA and always beg for money with doom and gloom and really do nothing of benefit in the end. I set up a rule to just move them right to the trash...works better than the unsubscribe link.