Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MKE Gal needs help with a lawyer

McX

MKE Gal needs help with a lawyer

i'm not saying much right now. one of own needs financial help with a lawyer. she found one to take her case, they feel positive about it, MKE gal is under alot of duress right now. I can't and wont discuss specifics. She's put down cash for the deposit, and is wiped out. She's one of us, and were putting in, are you?

here's her lawyer:

* http://www.mastantuono-law.com/

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i'm not saying much right now. one of own needs financial help with a lawyer. she found one to take her case, they feel positive about it, MKE gal is under alot of duress right now. I can't and wont discuss specifics. She's put down cash for the deposit, and is wiped out. She's one of us, and were putting in, are you?

here's her lawyer:

* http://www.mastantuono-law.com/
    So can we assume that she was actually charged?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Thanks James G. Amazing coincidence!

Thanks James G.

Amazing coincidence! I am waiting for my Pastor to send me a copy of his Independence Day sermon/homily for its address of our advocacy interests. He asked that we dress in 'period costume' of a century ago ~1910.

I have corresponded with Mastantuono Firm for details on expenses and am waiting their reply.

McX
    yes paul, send donations directly to the lawyer, for krysta, she will notify him to watch for any donations coming in for MKE gal too. our shop is tossing in too. this is one of our own, we have to help.

added on edit; Thanks Doug, i knew you would help.

Banned

No thanks to me yet!

I am awaiting details from the firm easing my mind about who will benefit. I will only send money only to an account for MKE gal protected by legal canons and then not much. Remember that I am on a fixed income, a small 'pension'.

Banned

Mastantuono Firm's 'blog on gun rights.

????

Someone wanna lay out a broad outline or post a link for thoe of us that missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by SprayAndPray View Post
    Someone wanna lay out a broad outline or post a link for thoe of us that missed something?
    Starts around here http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1300013

Not a lot of detail but it seems she needs a lawyer.

Banned

Church members turn in woman who brought gun to Sunday service', by K. Klein

http://www.brookfieldnow.com/communi.../97879139.html

Quote Originally Posted by K. Klein
    2:52 p.m. | Unitarian Universalist Church West members made their own point Sunday, calling the police on a woman who brought a gun to church and then drove off with it sitting on the passenger seat of her car, city of Brookfield police said.

According to the police report:

The 41-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for transporting a loaded Glock 9mm handgun in a vehicle after first carrying it on her hip to a service at Unitarian Universalist Church West, 13001 W. North Ave., Sunday.

After the service, parishioners asked her why she had a gun. She replied, "To make a point."

She then placed the gun in a zippered case and placed it on the front seat of her vehicle. She started to drive away, but was stopped by officers who had been called by church members.
    See 'The Fork in Wisconsin Gun Law'
    http://www.vimeo.com/6115265
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 07-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Loaded? I assume that would be the problem.

Nice TDI !
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 07-06-2010 at 06:07 PM.

McX
    probably got rattled by the heat being applied. nice touch, good Christian folks putting the heat on a law abiding citizen. I'm taking bets on if homeland would do that to me if I showed up at our Church carrying. That's why I'm waiting for CC before i do that- what homeland don't know won't hurt him.

I am sorry, but before I could send any money out, I would need to know more about what she might have done.
    If she did put a loaded gun in her car, I don't think I can help at this time. Again, I have no other info on this. McX, please feel free to send me an IM on this if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I am sorry, but before I could send any money out, I would need to know more about what she might have done.
    If she did put a loaded gun in her car, I don't think I can help at this time. Again, I have no other info on this. McX, please feel free to send me an IM on this if you can.
    I am just thinking out loud. Please correct me if I am not thinking properly.

Would it not be better for someone, not MKEgal to disclose some of the details on here? I would assume that it would be inadmissible in court since it would be hearsay, right?

Romans 13:4 ESV /
    For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer

Banned

UUCW, no no-guns policy posted.

http://www.google.com/search?q=firea...3Awww.uucw.org

Quote Originally Posted by G00gle
    Your search - firearms site:www.uucw.org - did not match any documents.
    http://www.uucw.org/news-a-events/we...bd2820b7e07594

Quote Originally Posted by UUCW
    Did you know that loopholes in Wisconsin gun law allow of the guns sold in Wisconsin to be sold without a criminal background check?
    How much politicking can a 'church' do before its tax exemption is lost?
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 07-06-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    http://www.google.com/search?q=firea...3Awww.uucw.org

http://www.uucw.org/news-a-events/we...bd2820b7e07594

How much politicking can a 'church' do before its tax exemption is lost?
    Quite a lot. As long as they do not campaign for (or against) candidates or parties.
    Many 501 corps do lobby for/against issues and legislation. Consider NRA, NAGR, GOA, SAF, etc....
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Quite a lot. As long as they do not campaign for (or against) candidates or parties.
    Many 501 corps do lobby for/against issues and legislation. Consider NRA, NAGR, GOA, SAF, etc....
    Exactly. As long as they don't name a candidate or a specific party they endorse planks of a platform which if you read between the lines end up pointing to one candidate.

Banned
    Sounds like that congregation is a bunch of Judas wannabes.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Angry

More like a den of vipers, Hisssssss,hissssssss,hissssssssssss

Banned
    If she is a member of WCI, I would assume there is legal assistance available.
    Whether she uses her own attorney or not. Maybe BNH or Nik could shed some light on this as I am not sure of WCI's policy.

With out a doubt we should all help if we can. This is just the beginning of these challenges and the only way we will see Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin is to win these challenges.

The facts are simple here. Unlawful search and seizure. Wrongful arrest as this is only a traffic violation and she never should have been finger printed, photographed or handcuffed period. They searched her vehicle without consent or warrant and seized her firearm, holster, magazine and ammunition. All without probable cause.

I would say she will come out on top on this one, with good legal representation.
    I would also say she attends a church full of hypocrites.

If we all hesitate to support her and help in any way we can now, how can anyone take our mission seriously?
    If this was anyone of us we would all expect the members here to help.

It is time to stand behind our words and fight the fight. A win on this case could make change in the vehicle carry law here in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 07-07-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    If she is a member of WCI, I would assume there is legal assistance available.
    Whether she uses her own attorney or not. Maybe BNH or Nik could shed some light on this as I am not sure of WCI's policy.

With out a doubt we should all help if we can. This is just the beginning of these challenges and the only way we will see Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin is to win these challenges.

The facts are simple here. Unlawful search and seizure. Wrongful arrest as this is only a traffic violation and she never should have been finger printed, photographed or handcuffed period. They searched her vehicle without consent or warrant and seized her firearm, holster, magazine and ammunition. All without probable cause.

I would say she will come out on top on this one, with good legal representation.
    I would also say she attends a church full of hypocrites.

If we all hesitate to support her and help in any way we can now, how can anyone take our mission seriously?
    If this was anyone of us we would all expect the members here to help.

It is time to stand behind our words and fight the fight. A win on this case could make change in the vehicle carry law here in Wisconsin.
    Agreed, 1000%

I can see that this place is no different than society as a whole. 10% will give nothing, zero, zip, nada, 10% will give till it hurts, The rest will give a bit as they can.

If we do not show solidarity for MKEGal, we are nothing. We have no value as a group and no brains to boot. Just a place to spout. A glorified chat room.

This isn't about MKEGal, it is about us all here. We are being screwed with. We have had our rights trampled again. This is not just MKEGal who benefits by our firm resolve and willingness to help, it is all of us.

Off topic; As for her church, I wouldn't be looking for another church any time soon. They're all the same. Whoever called the police should be ashamed. I am sure she even thought these people were her friends. So Sad.

If we do not support MKEGal 100%, (nobody's counting here, moral support is important to.) We are no better than the back stabbing, rat Ba----ds who called the cops on her.

I personally do not hold with organized religion myself, If you do, fine. Been stabbed in the back one too many times by "good, upstanding, church folk." I see a fish emblem on the back of a car, I shudder to think of who they may have just screwed over. God and I have our own understanding and I don't need an expensive building to get in touch.

Back on point; Every time we step outside with a gun strapped on, we do this for ourselves and every other one of us. Part of the reason others choose to open carry is because we have already broken this ground. They have the courage to step out and exercise their right to bear arms because they may have heard about our solidarity, about how we are all for one and one for all. Time to leave pettiness behind and stand as one. In one voice, shout ENOUGH! Stand tall, do not waver, hold the line.

My wife and I will help.

Good luck MKEGal

Hardballer out!

Edit: My personal opinion. . . We need to show a unified front and strike fear into the hearts of these municipalities. Fear of budget busting litigation. I really have no problem with bankrupting a city through righteous litigation, to prove our point. One or two cities have to eliminate their police dept. due to budget overruns because of trampling our Constitutional Rights, a message will be sent. A side benefit, it will also warn others off. The liberals have been using Alinsky's manual of persuasion for a long time, it's about time we write a page of our own.

Edit 2: Once we've gotten to the bottom of this one, and MKEGal is off the hook, the municipality and the police officers are still on on the hook. They owe MKEGal compensation.
    Lots of compensation. Hopefully, this will be the direction things go. I wonder if a citizen can be sued for calling in a false gun report? That would be interesting. We really need two kinds of attorneys here, One junk yard dog and one ambulance chaser. Keep this city in litigation for the next century.
    Last edited by hardballer; 07-07-2010 at 03:39 AM.

McX
    plus a quad-billion hardballer. brought tears to my eyes! you are an Honorable man!

Banned

Whatever happens, this case will be informative. Best wishes to MKE Gal.

The elements for a couple of violations are present, but so are violations of her constitutional rights. Which violation will be charged, or not, and which constitutional offense will be defended will be very instructive.

McX
    snakes?! i hate snakes, 'specially the biting kind!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast