• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MKE Gal needs help with a lawyer

M

McX

i'm not saying much right now. one of own needs financial help with a lawyer. she found one to take her case, they feel positive about it, MKE gal is under alot of duress right now. I can't and wont discuss specifics. She's put down cash for the deposit, and is wiped out. She's one of us, and were putting in, are you?

here's her lawyer:

* http://www.mastantuono-law.com/

paul@paul-fisher.com

i'm not saying much right now. one of own needs financial help with a lawyer. she found one to take her case, they feel positive about it, MKE gal is under alot of duress right now. I can't and wont discuss specifics. She's put down cash for the deposit, and is wiped out. She's one of us, and were putting in, are you?

here's her lawyer:

* http://www.mastantuono-law.com/

So can we assume that she was actually charged?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Thanks James G. Amazing coincidence!

Thanks James G.

Amazing coincidence! I am waiting for my Pastor to send me a copy of his Independence Day sermon/homily for its address of our advocacy interests. He asked that we dress in 'period costume' of a century ago ~1910.

I have corresponded with Mastantuono Firm for details on expenses and am waiting their reply.

M

McX

yes paul, send donations directly to the lawyer, for krysta, she will notify him to watch for any donations coming in for MKE gal too. our shop is tossing in too. this is one of our own, we have to help.

added on edit; Thanks Doug, i knew you would help.

SprayAndPray

????

Someone wanna lay out a broad outline or post a link for thoe of us that missed something?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Church members turn in woman who brought gun to Sunday service', by K. Klein

http://www.brookfieldnow.com/communitywatch/97879139.html

K. Klein said:
2:52 p.m. | Unitarian Universalist Church West members made their own point Sunday, calling the police on a woman who brought a gun to church and then drove off with it sitting on the passenger seat of her car, city of Brookfield police said.

According to the police report:

The 41-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for transporting a loaded Glock 9mm handgun in a vehicle after first carrying it on her hip to a service at Unitarian Universalist Church West, 13001 W. North Ave., Sunday.

After the service, parishioners asked her why she had a gun. She replied, "To make a point."

She then placed the gun in a zippered case and placed it on the front seat of her vehicle. She started to drive away, but was stopped by officers who had been called by church members.
See 'The Fork in Wisconsin Gun Law'
http://www.vimeo.com/6115265

Last edited:
M

McX

probably got rattled by the heat being applied. nice touch, good Christian folks putting the heat on a law abiding citizen. I'm taking bets on if homeland would do that to me if I showed up at our Church carrying. That's why I'm waiting for CC before i do that- what homeland don't know won't hurt him.

AaronS

I am sorry, but before I could send any money out, I would need to know more about what she might have done.
If she did put a loaded gun in her car, I don't think I can help at this time. Again, I have no other info on this. McX, please feel free to send me an IM on this if you can.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am sorry, but before I could send any money out, I would need to know more about what she might have done.
If she did put a loaded gun in her car, I don't think I can help at this time. Again, I have no other info on this. McX, please feel free to send me an IM on this if you can.

I am just thinking out loud. Please correct me if I am not thinking properly.

Would it not be better for someone, not MKEgal to disclose some of the details on here? I would assume that it would be inadmissible in court since it would be hearsay, right?

Captain Nemo

Romans 13:4 ESV /
For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer

Doug Huffman

Banned
UUCW, no no-guns policy posted.

http://www.google.com/search?q=firearms+site:www.uucw.org

G00gle said:
Your search - firearms site:www.uucw.org - did not match any documents.

http://www.uucw.org/news-a-events/w...d31045917126=8a6f075548b80bb461bd2820b7e07594

UUCW said:
Did you know that loopholes in Wisconsin gun law allow ½ of the guns sold in Wisconsin to be sold without a criminal background check?

How much politicking can a 'church' do before its tax exemption is lost?

Last edited:

wrightme

paul@paul-fisher.com

Quite a lot. As long as they do not campaign for (or against) candidates or parties.
Many 501 corps do lobby for/against issues and legislation. Consider NRA, NAGR, GOA, SAF, etc....

Exactly. As long as they don't name a candidate or a specific party they endorse planks of a platform which if you read between the lines end up pointing to one candidate.