• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MKE Gal needs help with a lawyer

J.Gleason

Banned
If she is a member of WCI, I would assume there is legal assistance available.
Whether she uses her own attorney or not. Maybe BNH or Nik could shed some light on this as I am not sure of WCI's policy.

With out a doubt we should all help if we can. This is just the beginning of these challenges and the only way we will see Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin is to win these challenges.

The facts are simple here. Unlawful search and seizure. Wrongful arrest as this is only a traffic violation and she never should have been finger printed, photographed or handcuffed period. They searched her vehicle without consent or warrant and seized her firearm, holster, magazine and ammunition. All without probable cause.

I would say she will come out on top on this one, with good legal representation.
I would also say she attends a church full of hypocrites.

If we all hesitate to support her and help in any way we can now, how can anyone take our mission seriously?
If this was anyone of us we would all expect the members here to help.

It is time to stand behind our words and fight the fight. A win on this case could make change in the vehicle carry law here in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

hardballer

If she is a member of WCI, I would assume there is legal assistance available.
Whether she uses her own attorney or not. Maybe BNH or Nik could shed some light on this as I am not sure of WCI's policy.

With out a doubt we should all help if we can. This is just the beginning of these challenges and the only way we will see Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin is to win these challenges.

The facts are simple here. Unlawful search and seizure. Wrongful arrest as this is only a traffic violation and she never should have been finger printed, photographed or handcuffed period. They searched her vehicle without consent or warrant and seized her firearm, holster, magazine and ammunition. All without probable cause.

I would say she will come out on top on this one, with good legal representation.
I would also say she attends a church full of hypocrites.

If we all hesitate to support her and help in any way we can now, how can anyone take our mission seriously?
If this was anyone of us we would all expect the members here to help.

It is time to stand behind our words and fight the fight. A win on this case could make change in the vehicle carry law here in Wisconsin.

Agreed, 1000%

I can see that this place is no different than society as a whole. 10% will give nothing, zero, zip, nada, 10% will give till it hurts, The rest will give a bit as they can.

If we do not show solidarity for MKEGal, we are nothing. We have no value as a group and no brains to boot. Just a place to spout. A glorified chat room.

This isn't about MKEGal, it is about us all here. We are being screwed with. We have had our rights trampled again. This is not just MKEGal who benefits by our firm resolve and willingness to help, it is all of us.

Off topic; As for her church, I wouldn't be looking for another church any time soon. They're all the same. Whoever called the police should be ashamed. I am sure she even thought these people were her friends. So Sad.

If we do not support MKEGal 100%, (nobody's counting here, moral support is important to.) We are no better than the back stabbing, rat Ba----ds who called the cops on her.

I personally do not hold with organized religion myself, If you do, fine. Been stabbed in the back one too many times by "good, upstanding, church folk." I see a fish emblem on the back of a car, I shudder to think of who they may have just screwed over. God and I have our own understanding and I don't need an expensive building to get in touch.

Back on point; Every time we step outside with a gun strapped on, we do this for ourselves and every other one of us. Part of the reason others choose to open carry is because we have already broken this ground. They have the courage to step out and exercise their right to bear arms because they may have heard about our solidarity, about how we are all for one and one for all. Time to leave pettiness behind and stand as one. In one voice, shout ENOUGH! Stand tall, do not waver, hold the line.

My wife and I will help.

Good luck MKEGal

Hardballer out!

Edit: My personal opinion. . . We need to show a unified front and strike fear into the hearts of these municipalities. Fear of budget busting litigation. I really have no problem with bankrupting a city through righteous litigation, to prove our point. One or two cities have to eliminate their police dept. due to budget overruns because of trampling our Constitutional Rights, a message will be sent. A side benefit, it will also warn others off. The liberals have been using Alinsky's manual of persuasion for a long time, it's about time we write a page of our own.

Edit 2: Once we've gotten to the bottom of this one, and MKEGal is off the hook, the municipality and the police officers are still on on the hook. They owe MKEGal compensation.
Lots of compensation. Hopefully, this will be the direction things go. I wonder if a citizen can be sued for calling in a false gun report? That would be interesting. We really need two kinds of attorneys here, One junk yard dog and one ambulance chaser. Keep this city in litigation for the next century.

Last edited:
M

McX

plus a quad-billion hardballer. brought tears to my eyes! you are an Honorable man!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Whatever happens, this case will be informative. Best wishes to MKE Gal.

The elements for a couple of violations are present, but so are violations of her constitutional rights. Which violation will be charged, or not, and which constitutional offense will be defended will be very instructive.

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. Back to the original intent on this post.

I am willing to pitch in if/when she gets charged. For her I am hoping the DA looks at the evidence, the illegal search and seizure and drops it. For our 'cause' I hope it goes all the way to WI SC.

Anyhow, please let us know when charges are filled and I will mail my check to her attorney.

J.Gleason

Banned
Just a footnote, If she does not get charged and this would apply to anyone really, she needs to demand that her finger prints, photo, firearm serial number and all other information is removed from the system. Her attorney can do this and so can the department of justice.

amaixner

probably got rattled by the heat being applied. nice touch, good Christian folks putting the heat on a law abiding citizen. I'm taking bets on if homeland would do that to me if I showed up at our Church carrying. That's why I'm waiting for CC before i do that- what homeland don't know won't hurt him.

It wasn't a recognized Christian church. Unitarian Universalism is an all-encompassing church that believes that whatever you believe, it is right, and all that matters is that you believe it (the 'many paths' theology). Apparently they are not as welcoming and open to different beliefs as they claim to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism#Beliefs

lance galloway

Just a footnote, If she does not get charged and this would apply to anyone really, she needs to demand that her finger prints, photo, firearm serial number and all other information is removed from the system. Her attorney can do this and so can the department of justice.

Yes she can and should I have done it it takes some time but they have to remove all information by law but only if she asks for it and fill out all the right papers.

M

McX

got this from mke this am, nut dropped it in the wrong thread. all thumbs here.

Re: donation info

I talked with the paralegal @ my attorney's office yesterday, told her there may be some donations arriving for my case, and her eyes got big... apparently there's some potential ethical hassle, but it can be overcome in a couple ways.

1) donors include their name & some way to contact them (email, phone)
I don't necessarily have to know who sent stuff, but the office does.
I'd kind of _like_ to know so I can say thank you.

paul@paul-fisher.com

How do we ensure that funds go to the exclusive benefit of our anonymous correspondent? Addressed to the firm, even with Memo:"MKE gal" is hardly precisely designated.

I believe MCX is corresponding with her and is supposed to find that out ASAP.

Personally I am not mailing a check until I see proof of being charged. Please don't read anything into that statement.

MKEgal

Rebecca Coffee is the attorney whose card I'm carrying, but I have a feeling the paralegal handles the mail, & I told her both my real name (Krysta) & screen name (MKEgal... pronounced Milwaukee Gal ;) ). If you send to me in c/o the firm, that should be enough. It's a small office.

Those who want to wait to see if charges are filed, that's fine by me. I appreciate the knowledge that there are people standing with me, whether or not you can spare $5 & even though compared to some other member's troubles this is minor. I've helped other people, I guess karma comes around.

I'm hoping they can talk with the DA and get my stolen property back, & the wad of my money which they already have will be the end of it. If he is reluctant to give back my property, there will be additional expense involved.

As for where the $ will go, I was assured that they have to keep an accounting of it in my name, tell me how much is there, & use it only for my defense... legal ethics isn't an oxymoron with them. In fact, the requirements of the bar ass'n are probably more strict than the reporting I'd ask them for.

Will keep people up to date as I am allowed, which may not be much.
However, I will say that they quoted me wrong in that Brookfield Now article. (Any surprise there?) The several people with whom I spoke heard me say that I carry primarily for self-defense. Anything else & they're bearing false witness, though obviously that doesn't bother them.

I asked in another thread, & will ask again here: can we please keep the religion-bashing out of this? I don't see that it's happened here, but it's come up elsewhere. For many years, until this Sunday morning, I considered myself a member of that faith. It's wrenching to discover that someplace you felt safe isn't any more. I'm kinda adrift again.