• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Sanford

paul@paul-fisher.com

So, what are you going to buy with all that money they will have to pay you?

Fill out a freedom of information with them and go get a lawyer. They had no right.

paul@paul-fisher.com

If they searched you without probable cause and without a warrant, they have violated your civil rights. Hire a lawyer. talk to Shane. Did you have a voice recorder? If not, get one ASAP.

They didn't even have RAS so they didn't even have cause to ask for ID.

They should of driven by, observed that no crime was being committed (one cop even said so) and continued on their merry way. They could of asked wassup by the OC'er had no obligation to even talk.

boyscout399

Olympus or Sony brand. Make sure it has USB connection to your computer. Good ones seem to start in the $50 range IMO.

crdonov

well they need some education on maine open carry law! they just think they are the only ones who can open carry, because they have a badge. they are no different then you our me! there was no need what they did to you. id go out and open carry, just in spite!

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

My question is what in the world are the police doing pulling their guns on you when yours was in the holster? They could have accidently shot you or someone else. These cops should be fired, along with the police chief also for his response. I would be calling the nra and a lawyer along with the town manager and your state legislator and put a end to this before someone gets killed. On top of all this if someone pulls a gun on you, have a legal right to shoot back what the hell is the matter with these officers? Are they out of there mind. Pisses me off. I'm going to call the town and ask them what they are going to do about this? May I also suggest printing and sending this blog to the town manager.

Flashlight

I would appreciate it if you quoted me in your post that you would edit your post to remove what I wrote. Thanks.