• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time Mag Web Site photos on OC

The Expert

Good stuff. I was worried the post had a sarcastic tone to it, but was glad to see I was wrong.

(on a side note, having a popup before looking at every picture is crazy annoying)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Edward Casuga
Casuga, a biology student at Solano Community College, takes his gun with him only when he goes to get cash at an ATM. "I've noticed frowning and weird looks," he says. "A lot of people don't really notice."
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2000412_2158681,00.html#ixzz0swOVaJdK[]/QUOTE]

Hope your appointments secretary has really good rapport with all the bad guys, so you can know when & where else you are going to need it.

Shannon Pena and Alaine Helmatoler
The two women above attend a women's open-carry "meet-up" at a nail salon and spa in Fremont, Calif. "I had to load my gun one time," says Alaine, describing a moment when she feared for her safety, "and I was shaking. I don't know if I could have used it."
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2000412_2158680,00.html#ixzz0swPJGRcW

This is the person who is going to have her gun taken away and used on her. It's a horrible thing to contemplate, but if you are going to carry for self defense you must be ready and willing to use that lethal force without hesitation - once you have determined that it is necessary. Not really a put-down of Ms. Helmatoler, but rather an encouragement for her to consider her moral imperatives.

stay safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was surprised at its even tone, as Time usually leans further to the left. It'd be nice if all media publications leaned towards the truth rather than a political party, and I'm glad Time's pictorial essay simply portrayed those of us who open for what we are: Responsible, law-abiding citizens of our nation.

merc460

Edward Casuga
Casuga, a biology student at Solano Community College, takes his gun with him only when he goes to get cash at an ATM. "I've noticed frowning and weird looks," he says. "A lot of people don't really notice."
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2000412_2158681,00.html#ixzz0swOVaJdK[]/QUOTE]

Hope your appointments secretary has really good rapport with all the bad guys, so you can know when & where else you are going to need it.

This is the person who is going to have her gun taken away and used on her. It's a horrible thing to contemplate, but if you are going to carry for self defense you must be ready and willing to use that lethal force without hesitation - once you have determined that it is necessary. Not really a put-down of Ms. Helmatoler, but rather an encouragement for her to consider her moral imperatives.

stay safe.

I thought the exact same thing when I read those.