• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congressman Randy Forbes is AWOL in fighting "gun show loophole" legislation

Thundar

Congressman Randy Forbes is AWOL in fighting "gun show loophole" legislation

Congressman Forbes has not responded to the telephone calls of many of his fellow Virginians concerning Bobby Scott's Gun Show Loophole Hearing.

Many have called, but Forbes has not communicated any intentions. Why are we calling Forbes? Because he is the only other Virginia Congressman in the subcommittee that Bobby Scott chairs.

Link: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?76946-Bobby-Scott-to-hold-Gun-Show-Loophole-Hearing
----------------------------------------
What we get from Randy is this sort of eMail:

Friend:

During my time in Congress, I have been an unwavering champion of the Second Amendment. If this issue is important to you, I invite you to stay connected with my work by following me on Facebook or by signing up for my weekly newsletter.

Yours in Service,

Randy
--------------------------------------------------------
The response we get when we ask for specific help in fighing the gun show loophole legislation and hearings:

[crickets chirping]
----------------------------------------------------------
Call him yourself. Ask his staff "Why is Randy AWOL on the Second Ammendment?" Tell his staff you want action on the Gun Show Loophole Hearings that are going to be held in he judicial subcommittee on 14 July. His number is: (202) 225-6365 -

Last edited:

XDUser

Thanks for the post.
I have written letters and emails several times over the last 6 months and have yet to ever get any sort of real response. Once I got a email back asking if I wished to have my email address added to the public mailing list.
/sigh
"If life was about more then just money it would be a perfect world."

Thundar

Randy is STILL AWOL

It is probably too late for Congressman Forbes to do anything of substance to address the issue in committee next week.

I really don't understand why when gun owners need support from their legislators, he is AWOL.

5 phone calls to his staff over 3 weeks and no response. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Thundar

Randy isn't responding, STILL AWOL!!

Call 6 today. His staff doesn't know what Randy's schedule is for Wednesday. They haven't briefed him (So he is unaware of the event).

Very sad, but very spot on for Randy.

Too busy looking out for Randy to look out for Gun Rights (But his staff said he has an "A" rating from the NRA!!!

I asked his staffer if he was going to stick up for gun rights or roll over. His staffer actually then said he was not going to stick up for the 2nd, and wasn't sure if the congressman was even going to attend.

Back when I was a Naval Aviator we used to give call signs to aviators based upon big moments. This staffer saying he would roll over is a big event. Therefore my proposed call sign: Congressman Randy Forbes = Congressman Rollover!

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Thundar

Rollover Randy Never Replied or took any action

:uhoh:Sorry excuse for a Congressman.

He and his staff are too busy to defend our rights against the gun grabbers assault or even put out a statement or even call any of the members here that did call him and talk to his staffers.

I might just be too busy come November Randy.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Last edited:

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Waste of Time

In defense of your congressman, whether he did or did not choose to rally the troops for this hearing is not important one way or another. These congressional subcommittees--of which there are scores if not hundreds--often hold self-aggrandizing, self-congratulating hearings on any number of topics in favor with the chairman.

The nonexistent "gun show loophole" is now an old issue that we have routinely defeated for more than a decade, on which no new ground can be broken. I would be more concerned if this were a new topic, but it is not. This bill is going nowhere, but there are plenty of issues this regime is actively pursuing that do need attention now.

Thundar

In defense of your congressman, whether he did or did not choose to rally the troops for this hearing is not important one way or another. These congressional subcommittees--of which there are scores if not hundreds--often hold self-aggrandizing, self-congratulating hearings on any number of topics in favor with the chairman.

The nonexistent "gun show loophole" is now an old issue that we have routinely defeated for more than a decade, on which no new ground can be broken. I would be more concerned if this were a new topic, but it is not. This bill is going nowhere, but there are plenty of issues this regime is actively pursuing that do need attention now.

There is a still active bill in both the US Congress and US Senate. They will go nowhere before the November elections and will be quite dead after the new Congress and Senate are sworn in in January.

The problem is that there will be a December lame duck session of congress, where the tendencies of many gun grabbers will not be tempered by the wrath of voters.

Gun grabbers are on the ropes. They desperately need a victory. They are not stupid. This is the issue they really think they can win in a Lame Duck session.

Fight it now or be surprized in December.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Last edited: