• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALOC Members arrested on July 4th for lawful OC

Jonathon Sometimes

There were two of us arrested, guns were seized, and we were charged with "Disorderly Conduct." Out on Bail. Sorry can't post any more right now, under the direction of our counsel.

Be on the lookout for more news as it develops!

eye95

AL is pretty gun-friendly from the standpoint of the code. However, some sheriff's and police departments are overstepping their bounds.

Thundar

Habeas Armas! Habeas Armas!

Guns seized? Habeas Armas! JBT Alert! You know we shot the Red Coats and had a revolution when they tried to seize our guns at Lexington.

t33j

popcorn.gif

Wait so how long ago was the SCOTUS ruling??? I'd think that'd at least give pause to any cops looking to harass citizens.

Last edited:

ExLipscombChief

Re:

I wish he could have stated what department arrested him. Our Attorney General went on TV a few weeks ago explaining that OC was lawful in Alabama. In the same broadcast, Randy Christian of the Jefferson County Sheriffs Dept. made the same statement. He did warn,that, under existing Alabama law, if you open carry then get into your car, the firearm is then a concealed weapon. This sounds like something the "Tragic City" of Birmingham or one of the podunk little wanna-be cities pulled.

Mike

Deo Vindice

MKEgal

how many others arrested on 04JUL?

How ironic it happened that day.
I was arrested Sunday, too, after attending church OCing (completely legal here in WI).
Apparently someone was worried. They like the 1st Amendment, but not the 2nd.
Hypocrites.

Good luck on your cases. Sounds like you have the backing of recent statements by the chief LEO of the state.

eye95

I wish he could have stated what department arrested him. Our Attorney General went on TV a few weeks ago explaining that OC was lawful in Alabama. In the same broadcast, Randy Christian of the Jefferson County Sheriffs Dept. made the same statement. He did warn,that, under existing Alabama law, if you open carry then get into your car, the firearm is then a concealed weapon. This sounds like something the "Tragic City" of Birmingham or one of the podunk little wanna-be cities pulled.

Mike

Deo Vindice

I missed the AG saying that. Do you know of a link to a transcript or to the video. That would be good to put on the main page of ALOC.

eye95

How ironic it happened that day.
I was arrested Sunday, too, after attending church OCing (completely legal here in WI).
Apparently someone was worried. They like the 1st Amendment, but not the 2nd.
Hypocrites.

Good luck on your cases. Sounds like you have the backing of recent statements by the chief LEO of the state.

If you feel free to share details, how did things turn out?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you feel free to share details, how did things turn out?

The wheels of justice do turn slowly - suspect that we shall be some time getting the rest of the story.

Best wishes to all involved - hope you teach them a hard lesson.

since9

Campaign Veteran
AL is pretty gun-friendly from the standpoint of the code. However, some sheriff's and police departments are overstepping their bounds.

This is exactly what a retired USAF LE/SF advised me to do: "Get the permit and carry concealed, so you may avoid a disorderly conduct citation."

"Disorderly conduct" for following the law? What blithering idiot cites people for "disorderly conduct" when those people are law-abiding citizens engaging in a lawful activity?

Sounds like it's time for another St. John vs Alamogordo! Case 6:08-cv-00994-BB-LAM Document 48, No. 08-994 BB/LAM, United States District Court For The District of New Mexico.

LOTS of great 42 U.S.C. § 1983 arguements which WON in federal court. Have your counsel review it thoroughly.