• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victory for Gun Owners

N.Indiana

Indiana law now allows people with a LTCH to keep a handgun in your car at work. Some companies do not allow this practice, state law now makes it legal.

indyguy

Hmmm....

Actually, my understanding is that the new law makes it illegal for businesses to prevent employees from keeping firearms/handguns in their vehicles at work. This is a big distinction, since there were/are businesses that already allow this. You always could legally have a gun in your vehicle, however your place of employment may have had a policy against it. So now its not a matter of you are no longer breaking the law (you never were in the first place), but that said place of employment would now be breaking the law if they retained a policy preventing you from doing so [keeping a handgun in your vehicle].

Underdog

Hi guys!

Were all friends here!

My understanding of that law is that a employee cannot be fired specifically for having a gun in their locked vehicle in a public parking lot.

There are companies that were excempted, Lilly being one.

Also remember Indiana is a right to work state. This means you can be fired at anytime no reason required.

So if your employer's policy is no guns and they somehow find out you have one in your vehicle they can whack you as long as they don't specifically state that's why.

Last edited: