Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2nd Saturday Meet

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Cool 2nd Saturday Meet

    It's that time of the month again. I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday some of us will be meeting at the Starbucks at 348th & Hwy 99 in Federal Way at 8:00. That's right, I said 8:00. I moved it last month for those of you who said it was too early and you still didn't show up, so we're going back to the original time.

    Starbucks
    348th & HWY 99 in Federal Way
    Saturday, July 10
    8:00 am
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  2. #2
    69Charger
    Guest
    See ya there.
    Dave

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    514
    If I can get on the road soon enough I wills top by.

    I'm going to try to head over to the FS 70 clean-up in Enumclaw at 9am

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201

    Smile

    I'll be there!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Also a gun show weekend in Puyallup. Deros, Gogodawgs and I will be manning the OC table.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    I will not be in attendance tomorrow morning as I will be in Puyallup for the gun show.
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201

    Thumbs up

    Enjoyed the "meet 'n greet" at Starbucks this morning. It was nice to be able to sit outside for a change. Bookman, 69Charger & Alex, JustUs (I think, sorry if I am wrong) and another gentleman whose name I cannot recall(Sorry!) and myself had a good time drinking coffee and talking outside. We also visited the sporting goods store across the way to look at guns and gun related stuff. We then went our separate ways. I returned to Renton and wanted to make a stop at Ben's Loan to pay on the .38 I have on layaway. I called first to make sure it was okay to OC in the store, in light of the incident that happened there a month or so ago. They said it was fine, so I did. I am becoming more comfortable with OC and would like to do it more often; unfortunately, my job doesn't allow it. After reading the comments about people not being able to carry at all on their jobs, I feel fortunate that I can at least CC. It was a great morning; great weather, great people, and great coffee!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    69Charger
    Guest
    Was a good time.
    Thanks all for being there.
    See ya at Dennys next Saturday at 10:00am.
    Dave and Alex

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Too close to Olympia...
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Enjoyed the "meet 'n greet" at Starbucks this morning. It was nice to be able to sit outside for a change. Bookman, 69Charger & Alex, JustUs (I think, sorry if I am wrong) and another gentleman whose name I cannot recall(Sorry!) and myself had a good time drinking coffee and talking outside. We also visited the sporting goods store across the way to look at guns and gun related stuff. We then went our separate ways. I returned to Renton and wanted to make a stop at Ben's Loan to pay on the .38 I have on layaway. I called first to make sure it was okay to OC in the store, in light of the incident that happened there a month or so ago. They said it was fine, so I did. I am becoming more comfortable with OC and would like to do it more often; unfortunately, my job doesn't allow it. After reading the comments about people not being able to carry at all on their jobs, I feel fortunate that I can at least CC. It was a great morning; great weather, great people, and great coffee!
    Ben's Loans was the place I bought my very first pistol, ever. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I love that gun. What was the incident that happened there a while ago?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201

    To Iron Colonel

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Colonel View Post
    Ben's Loans was the place I bought my very first pistol, ever. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I love that gun. What was the incident that happened there a while ago?
    You can read the thread on page 10, about the 5th thread down. I won't go into all of it here. I also bought my first pistol (last year) at Ben's. A S & W M & P 9 mil. Also bought my 1911 there and currently have a .38 special snubby on layaway. Usually buy all my ammo there; they are cheaper than the ranges. Great people to do business with.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424
    Sorry it took me so long to get back.

    I want to thank everyone who came out. 69charger, Alex, Ruby, Justus, and a board lurker to be named later, which was a nice surprise. We had a good time with some good fellowship.

    Let's not forget 69charger's breakfast meeting this coming Saturday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...eet.-7-17-10am
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Smile Darn gun show....

    lol.

    I should be at the coffee hook up next month as the gun show is scheduled a different weekend. Glad to see it still going on, thanks to Bookman! As Bookman and I have discussed we would love to see one in the North end, one in Yakima, one in Spokane, one in Vancouver....etc... at a regularly scheduled time!

    And to see the lurkers show up is excellent! We know they are out there and it is a great way to see that OC is real and growing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back.

    I want to thank everyone who came out. 69charger, Alex, Ruby, Justus, and a board lurker to be named later, which was a nice surprise. We had a good time with some good fellowship.

    Let's not forget 69charger's breakfast meeting this coming Saturday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...eet.-7-17-10am
    Live Free or Die!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    lol.

    I should be at the coffee hook up next month as the gun show is scheduled a different weekend. Glad to see it still going on, thanks to Bookman! As Bookman and I have discussed we would love to see one in the North end, one in Yakima, one in Spokane, one in Vancouver....etc... at a regularly scheduled time!

    And to see the lurkers show up is excellent! We know they are out there and it is a great way to see that OC is real and growing!
    Gogo, check with Bookman, but I don't think there will be a coffee get together next month. It would be the day before the BBQ,
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •