• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday Meet

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
It's that time of the month again. I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday some of us will be meeting at the Starbucks at 348th & Hwy 99 in Federal Way at 8:00. That's right, I said 8:00. I moved it last month for those of you who said it was too early and you still didn't show up, so we're going back to the original time.

Starbucks
348th & HWY 99 in Federal Way
Saturday, July 10
8:00 am

Ruby

Enjoyed the "meet 'n greet" at Starbucks this morning. It was nice to be able to sit outside for a change. Bookman, 69Charger & Alex, JustUs (I think, sorry if I am wrong) and another gentleman whose name I cannot recall(Sorry!) and myself had a good time drinking coffee and talking outside. We also visited the sporting goods store across the way to look at guns and gun related stuff. We then went our separate ways. I returned to Renton and wanted to make a stop at Ben's Loan to pay on the .38 I have on layaway. I called first to make sure it was okay to OC in the store, in light of the incident that happened there a month or so ago. They said it was fine, so I did. I am becoming more comfortable with OC and would like to do it more often; unfortunately, my job doesn't allow it. After reading the comments about people not being able to carry at all on their jobs, I feel fortunate that I can at least CC. It was a great morning; great weather, great people, and great coffee!

69Charger

Was a good time. :)
Thanks all for being there. :)
See ya at Dennys next Saturday at 10:00am. :)
Dave and Alex :)

Iron_Colonel

Enjoyed the "meet 'n greet" at Starbucks this morning. It was nice to be able to sit outside for a change. Bookman, 69Charger & Alex, JustUs (I think, sorry if I am wrong) and another gentleman whose name I cannot recall(Sorry!) and myself had a good time drinking coffee and talking outside. We also visited the sporting goods store across the way to look at guns and gun related stuff. We then went our separate ways. I returned to Renton and wanted to make a stop at Ben's Loan to pay on the .38 I have on layaway. I called first to make sure it was okay to OC in the store, in light of the incident that happened there a month or so ago. They said it was fine, so I did. I am becoming more comfortable with OC and would like to do it more often; unfortunately, my job doesn't allow it. After reading the comments about people not being able to carry at all on their jobs, I feel fortunate that I can at least CC. It was a great morning; great weather, great people, and great coffee!

Ben's Loans was the place I bought my very first pistol, ever. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I love that gun. What was the incident that happened there a while ago?

Ruby

To Iron Colonel

Ben's Loans was the place I bought my very first pistol, ever. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. I love that gun. What was the incident that happened there a while ago?

You can read the thread on page 10, about the 5th thread down. I won't go into all of it here. I also bought my first pistol (last year) at Ben's. A S & W M & P 9 mil. Also bought my 1911 there and currently have a .38 special snubby on layaway. Usually buy all my ammo there; they are cheaper than the ranges. Great people to do business with.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Darn gun show....

lol.

I should be at the coffee hook up next month as the gun show is scheduled a different weekend. Glad to see it still going on, thanks to Bookman! As Bookman and I have discussed we would love to see one in the North end, one in Yakima, one in Spokane, one in Vancouver....etc... at a regularly scheduled time!

And to see the lurkers show up is excellent! We know they are out there and it is a great way to see that OC is real and growing!

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

I want to thank everyone who came out. 69charger, Alex, Ruby, Justus, and a board lurker to be named later, which was a nice surprise. We had a good time with some good fellowship.

Let's not forget 69charger's breakfast meeting this coming Saturday.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?77791-Monthly-Dennys-Meet.-7-17-10am

Ruby

lol.

I should be at the coffee hook up next month as the gun show is scheduled a different weekend. Glad to see it still going on, thanks to Bookman! As Bookman and I have discussed we would love to see one in the North end, one in Yakima, one in Spokane, one in Vancouver....etc... at a regularly scheduled time!

And to see the lurkers show up is excellent! We know they are out there and it is a great way to see that OC is real and growing!

Gogo, check with Bookman, but I don't think there will be a coffee get together next month. It would be the day before the BBQ,