Thread: Bdr 118

Bdr 118

Just curious if anyone out there knew what Assemblyman Bobzien was trying to accomplish with BDR 118. The full BDR list for next year's session was posted last week, but none of them have text posted yet. This appears to be the only one (so far) that applies to firearms.

Who knows. I've found that most legislators hold their cards very close until we get right before the start of the session and all the BDRs are posted. I've tried emailing Joe Heck and James Settlemeyer in the past, and all they would tell me is "as a gun owner, you'll be pleased." Of course then Joe Heck was defeated so his BDRs died.

In other news, it's good to see the state has all our budgetary problems solved so we can focus on more important problems like making seat belts a primary offense, banning cell phone use while driving, regulating "sexting" (by Senator Weiner no less....), and not requiring insurance on RVs while in storage.

Do either one of you have a link to these items?

I sent and e-mail to David Bobzien asking him what the bill would propose and this was his reply;

Language has not been drafted yet, but the purpose is to allow a person who qualifies for a CCW on one semi-automatic pistol, qualification on all semi-automatic pistols, similar to how qualification is addressed for revolvers.

Best regardsm

David Bobzien
    Assemblyman, Nevada District 24

dbobzien@asm.state.nv.us
    david@davidbobzien.com
    (775) 393-9709
    www.davidbobzien.com
    Sound great to me.

If the above is correct, then it sounds fantastic.

The logic of some of the legislators in NV (compared to the idjits further west) amaze me. It should have been that way from the beginning, but it's nice to see someone proposing a correction!

Nice!

I also understand it will be an "any semi-auto" bill/provision (just like we now have "any revolver.")

This is good news indeed. Actually, there may be another legislator introducing the same thing. No problem there.

I firmly believe we'll all be happy with about three other bills that are probably planned. Lets hope we can make a GOOD CHANGE in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Lets hope we can make a GOOD CHANGE in 2011.

Like permitless free carry for CC and OC? Let's be the 4th in the Union to do it!!! Oh, and we need a Firearm Freedom Act like MO and some of the other state, where guns manufactured here are exempt from Federal regulation. I've got a Nevada build AR lower that would look great with a 10.5" barrel...

How about a bill that forbids college campuses from prohibiting the lawful possession of firearms on campus? Or at least one that requires them to show a justifiable reason for denying my request to do so.

Campaign Veteran
    1 vote here for clearing up state preemption (again).