• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bdr 118

njeske

Just curious if anyone out there knew what Assemblyman Bobzien was trying to accomplish with BDR 118. The full BDR list for next year's session was posted last week, but none of them have text posted yet. This appears to be the only one (so far) that applies to firearms.

jpa

Who knows. I've found that most legislators hold their cards very close until we get right before the start of the session and all the BDRs are posted. I've tried emailing Joe Heck and James Settlemeyer in the past, and all they would tell me is "as a gun owner, you'll be pleased." Of course then Joe Heck was defeated so his BDRs died.

In other news, it's good to see the state has all our budgetary problems solved so we can focus on more important problems like making seat belts a primary offense, banning cell phone use while driving, regulating "sexting" (by Senator Weiner no less....), and not requiring insurance on RVs while in storage.

Nevada carrier

I sent and e-mail to David Bobzien asking him what the bill would propose and this was his reply;

Language has not been drafted yet, but the purpose is to allow a person who qualifies for a CCW on one semi-automatic pistol, qualification on all semi-automatic pistols, similar to how qualification is addressed for revolvers.

Best regardsm

David Bobzien
Assemblyman, Nevada District 24

dbobzien@asm.state.nv.us
david@davidbobzien.com
(775) 393-9709
www.davidbobzien.com

Sound great to me.

merle

The logic of some of the legislators in NV (compared to the idjits further west) amaze me. It should have been that way from the beginning, but it's nice to see someone proposing a correction!

Nice!

varminter22

I also understand it will be an "any semi-auto" bill/provision (just like we now have "any revolver.")

This is good news indeed. Actually, there may be another legislator introducing the same thing. No problem there.

I firmly believe we'll all be happy with about three other bills that are probably planned. Lets hope we can make a GOOD CHANGE in 2011.

jfrey123

Lets hope we can make a GOOD CHANGE in 2011.

Like permitless free carry for CC and OC? Let's be the 4th in the Union to do it!!! Oh, and we need a Firearm Freedom Act like MO and some of the other state, where guns manufactured here are exempt from Federal regulation. I've got a Nevada build AR lower that would look great with a 10.5" barrel...

Nevada carrier

How about a bill that forbids college campuses from prohibiting the lawful possession of firearms on campus? Or at least one that requires them to show a justifiable reason for denying my request to do so.