• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in restaurants poll needs help!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yes 51% 198 votes
No 48% 186 votes
384 total votes

The comments of the antis are nothing new, nor is their refusal to listen to logic and reason. All they can see is gun = bad.

Rather than arguing wth them over the insanity of their position, I'm just going to wait and see how many drunken CHP shootouts there are over the next few months. But I'm sure it will be attributed to some sort of conspiracy to keep the information out of the news.

stay safe.

AZkopper

Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapons in bars and restaurants?
Thanks for your vote.

Yes 57% 261 votes
No 42% 196 votes
457 total votes

Not enough of a number for a scientific poll, but encouraging.

crisisweasel

If you poll the general public about whether guns ought to be allowed anywhere they are - especially if you preface it with the word "public," a significant amount, especially in gun-unfriendly states, are going to think guns don't belong there.

Do you think guns are appropriate in a PUBLIC PARK?

On a PUBLIC SIDEWALK?

In our PUBLIC LANDS?

One call to your legislator is probably worth 25 poll clicks, at least.