Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Let's get on this poll! Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapon

  1. #1
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Let's get on this poll! Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapon

    Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapons in bars and restaurants?

    http://www.tidewaternews.com/polls/2...apons/results/

    Right now, we are winning but only by a small margin.

    Let's roll!


    John

  2. #2
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037
    The comments section is rife with idiocy, inaccuracy and pettiness.

    The antis are at "it" again. I have rarely borne witness to such buffoonery.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    I don't have a dog in this fight!

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Voted, and commented.

    TFred

  5. #5
    Regular Member AdamC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brookneal, VA
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    I have rarely borne witness to such buffoonery.
    +1

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA, ,
    Posts
    689
    Voted, too. Great comment TFred.
    61% Yes
    38% No

  7. #7
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Voted, too. Great comment TFred.
    61% Yes
    38% No
    Thanks, I just now realized that I mis-spoke a tad... the law does change one important thing... it now allows moms and dads who desire to protect themselves and their families to enjoy a meal out at a nice restaurant. I shoulda added that!

    TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 07-07-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Spell much?

  8. #8
    Regular Member apollosmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North of the York River, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    125
    64 to 35, with 575 votes counted, as of 2030 on Wed evening.

  9. #9
    Regular Member CRF250rider1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA & Martinsville, VA
    Posts
    1,448
    Voted.

    65% yes
    34% no
    591 total votes as of now

    WTH 65+34 is only 99. Idiots...
    Last edited by CRF250rider1000; 07-07-2010 at 11:02 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156
    It is now

    66% Support
    33% Against

  11. #11
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by CRF250rider1000 View Post
    Voted.

    65% yes
    34% no
    591 total votes as of now

    WTH 65+34 is only 99. Idiots...
    It's the way the numbers round. This is not uncommon with polls like this. They could probably do better, but unless you show the numbers out to several decimal places, it happens from time to time. Maybe they are just truncating the fraction... hard to say without looking at the code they are using.

    TFred

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Cookie controlled polling - clean 'em and go.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845
    69% to 30% as of 1245 AM, 11 JUL

    :-D
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapons in bars and restaurants?

    http://www.tidewaternews.com/polls/2...apons/results/

    Right now, we are winning but only by a small margin.

    Let's roll!


    John
    On which side of Perks for Permittees should an open carry advocate be on John?

    I ask because concealed carry priveledge enhancement does not improve the RIGHTto Keep and Bear Arms or the Open Carry movement.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    On which side of Perks for Permittees should an open carry advocate be on John?

    I ask because concealed carry priveledge enhancement does not improve the RIGHTto Keep and Bear Arms or the Open Carry movement.
    Being an advocate is difficult sometimes Thundar.

    While I don't have a dog in this fight, I did support the bill because it brought near parity for CHP and OC in this particular case.

    The Campus Carry bill that wasn't introduced this year is a good example. First, I don't like Ken Staunton. Second, it is P4P.

    I did a lot of soul searching before the session this year because I was sure it would be on the table. I decided that my personal feelings shouldn't be part of OV's lobby effort and it was a VCDL matter, not rural affairs.

    I also decided that in yet another instance, the overall good it did for the Gun Lobby, overshadowed the harm it did to our right to carry firearms without permission.

    It's a hard thing for me to do because my temperament is to dig my heels in and maintain zero tolerance.

    I still plan to do that for 99.9 % of P4P issues.

    After looking at this thread and the open poll for days now, I decided that while I do not benefit from this law, it doesn't hurt me either (other than reversing my stance).

    I went ahead and voted just to maintain unity.

    If the rift continues, which it will if more P4P is introduced, the gun vote will be split and we will lose on both ends.

    Again, I want to point out that most OC'ers are not the enemy. The fight is with a select group (Read some of Richmondguns sometime)...but not all people with CHP's.

    Tonight, I'll go to an OC dinner with a group of wonderful people and have a great time. Even though all or most will be OC'ing, a large percentage will have CHP's.

    That doesn't give them Cooties and the surprising thing is...most agree with us about P4P.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Being an advocate is difficult sometimes Thundar.

    While I don't have a dog in this fight, I did support the bill because it brought near parity for CHP and OC in this particular case.

    The Campus Carry bill that wasn't introduced this year is a good example. First, I don't like Ken Staunton. Second, it is P4P.

    I did a lot of soul searching before the session this year because I was sure it would be on the table. I decided that my personal feelings shouldn't be part of OV's lobby effort and it was a VCDL matter, not rural affairs.

    I also decided that in yet another instance, the overall good it did for the Gun Lobby, overshadowed the harm it did to our right to carry firearms without permission.

    It's a hard thing for me to do because my temperament is to dig my heels in and maintain zero tolerance.

    I still plan to do that for 99.9 % of P4P issues.

    After looking at this thread and the open poll for days now, I decided that while I do not benefit from this law, it doesn't hurt me either (other than reversing my stance).

    I went ahead and voted just to maintain unity.

    If the rift continues, which it will if more P4P is introduced, the gun vote will be split and we will lose on both ends.

    Again, I want to point out that most OC'ers are not the enemy. The fight is with a select group (Read some of Richmondguns sometime)...but not all people with CHP's.

    Tonight, I'll go to an OC dinner with a group of wonderful people and have a great time. Even though all or most will be OC'ing, a large percentage will have CHP's.

    That doesn't give them Cooties and the surprising thing is...most agree with us about P4P.
    I agree with all of what you say Peter. I also know that I sound like a broken record. My concern is that somebody needs to sound the alarm. The Virginia Senate this year acted like a banana republic and without authority created a magical sub-committee to kill the gun rights bills. We got a few scraps from the table, mostly perks for permittees. This was not a victory.

    The only way to fix this rift is with constitutoional carry. If VCDL comes out with more perks for permittee crap for the next session instead of constitutional carry, then we know that the game is over.

    Another sign that it is over would be more yammering over police and commonwealth attorneys being able to conceal in a restaurant and drink, while the CHP perks program has not caught up yet. I tell you this nonsense makes me sick.

    Fight for your rights people, not for priveledge enhancement. Make concealed part of the right, then all of this nonsense about permits will end and we can focus on our gun RIGHTS.

    I am not expecting the best from VCDL. My comments, written politely were deleted from the Sentinal Blog. (Sentinel is the VCDL Blog).

    Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •