• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's get on this poll! Do you support the new Virginia law allowing concealed weapon

wylde007

The comments section is rife with idiocy, inaccuracy and pettiness.

The antis are at "it" again. I have rarely borne witness to such buffoonery.

TFred

Voted, too. Great comment TFred.
61% Yes
38% No
Thanks, I just now realized that I mis-spoke a tad... the law does change one important thing... it now allows moms and dads who desire to protect themselves and their families to enjoy a meal out at a nice restaurant. I shoulda added that! :)

TFred

Last edited:

TFred

Voted.

65% yes
34% no
591 total votes as of now

WTH 65+34 is only 99. Idiots...
It's the way the numbers round. This is not uncommon with polls like this. They could probably do better, but unless you show the numbers out to several decimal places, it happens from time to time. Maybe they are just truncating the fraction... hard to say without looking at the code they are using.

TFred

Thundar

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
On which side of Perks for Permittees should an open carry advocate be on John?

I ask because concealed carry priveledge enhancement does not improve the RIGHTto Keep and Bear Arms or the Open Carry movement.

Being an advocate is difficult sometimes Thundar.

While I don't have a dog in this fight, I did support the bill because it brought near parity for CHP and OC in this particular case.

The Campus Carry bill that wasn't introduced this year is a good example. First, I don't like Ken Staunton. Second, it is P4P.

I did a lot of soul searching before the session this year because I was sure it would be on the table. I decided that my personal feelings shouldn't be part of OV's lobby effort and it was a VCDL matter, not rural affairs.

I also decided that in yet another instance, the overall good it did for the Gun Lobby, overshadowed the harm it did to our right to carry firearms without permission.

It's a hard thing for me to do because my temperament is to dig my heels in and maintain zero tolerance.

I still plan to do that for 99.9 % of P4P issues.

After looking at this thread and the open poll for days now, I decided that while I do not benefit from this law, it doesn't hurt me either (other than reversing my stance).

I went ahead and voted just to maintain unity.

If the rift continues, which it will if more P4P is introduced, the gun vote will be split and we will lose on both ends.

Again, I want to point out that most OC'ers are not the enemy. The fight is with a select group (Read some of Richmondguns sometime)...but not all people with CHP's.

Tonight, I'll go to an OC dinner with a group of wonderful people and have a great time. Even though all or most will be OC'ing, a large percentage will have CHP's.

That doesn't give them Cooties and the surprising thing is...most agree with us about P4P.

Thundar

Being an advocate is difficult sometimes Thundar.

While I don't have a dog in this fight, I did support the bill because it brought near parity for CHP and OC in this particular case.

The Campus Carry bill that wasn't introduced this year is a good example. First, I don't like Ken Staunton. Second, it is P4P.

I did a lot of soul searching before the session this year because I was sure it would be on the table. I decided that my personal feelings shouldn't be part of OV's lobby effort and it was a VCDL matter, not rural affairs.

I also decided that in yet another instance, the overall good it did for the Gun Lobby, overshadowed the harm it did to our right to carry firearms without permission.

It's a hard thing for me to do because my temperament is to dig my heels in and maintain zero tolerance.

I still plan to do that for 99.9 % of P4P issues.

After looking at this thread and the open poll for days now, I decided that while I do not benefit from this law, it doesn't hurt me either (other than reversing my stance).

I went ahead and voted just to maintain unity.

If the rift continues, which it will if more P4P is introduced, the gun vote will be split and we will lose on both ends.

Again, I want to point out that most OC'ers are not the enemy. The fight is with a select group (Read some of Richmondguns sometime)...but not all people with CHP's.

Tonight, I'll go to an OC dinner with a group of wonderful people and have a great time. Even though all or most will be OC'ing, a large percentage will have CHP's.

That doesn't give them Cooties and the surprising thing is...most agree with us about P4P.

I agree with all of what you say Peter. I also know that I sound like a broken record. My concern is that somebody needs to sound the alarm. The Virginia Senate this year acted like a banana republic and without authority created a magical sub-committee to kill the gun rights bills. We got a few scraps from the table, mostly perks for permittees. This was not a victory.

The only way to fix this rift is with constitutoional carry. If VCDL comes out with more perks for permittee crap for the next session instead of constitutional carry, then we know that the game is over.

Another sign that it is over would be more yammering over police and commonwealth attorneys being able to conceal in a restaurant and drink, while the CHP perks program has not caught up yet. I tell you this nonsense makes me sick.

Fight for your rights people, not for priveledge enhancement. Make concealed part of the right, then all of this nonsense about permits will end and we can focus on our gun RIGHTS.

I am not expecting the best from VCDL. My comments, written politely were deleted from the Sentinal Blog. (Sentinel is the VCDL Blog).

Live Free or Die,
Thundar