Thread: Only Virginia Loves OC More Than Us

Only Virginia Loves OC More Than Us

I was just checking out the post counts for the various state-specific forums and only VA has more threads than us.

Do you think that this is a good indicator of how well loved Open Carry is on a state by state basis, or do people from other states just not end up here?

i say its a good indicator of which states are the most active,but many states have they're own forum,or have alot of open carriers that arent online alot,alaska comes to mind.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned
    Our Michigan forum seems to be slowing down a bit lately.

sadly,i have to agree....
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

well, virginia is for lovers.

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

If a state allows OC, and it is widely practiced without interference from law enforcement, why would they need to come looking for this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    If a state allows OC, and it is widely practiced without interference from law enforcement, why would they need to come looking for this forum?
    However... if that logic held true, why would Virginia be the busiest forum?

TFred

As we found with the 2A March there are many folks that are all talk and will DO nothing when it comes to furthering rights....

However I see no need to make the forums into a contest for who posts the most.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    As we found with the 2A March there are many folks that are all talk and will DO nothing when it comes to furthering rights....

-Yes, this is part of the human condition. The many want to enjoy the fruits... and the glamor and praise... from the work done by the few. It has always been this way since the dawn of time in every human endeavor from digging a ditch to changing the world. There are those who champion OC during every moment of everything they do every day....... and there are those who, for one reason or another, do very little. Yet, every positive bit helps and to demean those who don't do as much as those who do the most.............. is an insult since every effort forward, regardless of how big or small, advances the cause

Not to mention that once a person begins thinking that they are the only one's carrying the water....... shortly thereafter that person will feel used, begin to resent those who carry less water, lose interest, and set the bucket down. And then no water gets carried.

However I see no need to make the forums into a contest for who posts the most.

Anything that causes dissension amongst those who fight for OC.... is a win for those who fight against OC.

Actually, in my not so humble opinion likely to cause some folks to get upset, threads like this one are nothing more than another example of the adolescent "mine is bigger than yours" silliness we should have all left behind in school.

Sigh.... won't let me post inside a post unless I also post outside the post......
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    I was just checking out the post counts for the various state-specific forums and only VA has more threads than us.

Do you think that this is a good indicator of how well loved Open Carry is on a state by state basis, or do people from other states just not end up here?
    I have always looked at this, and wondered, but before you come out and make a statment like this please double check your "facts", Washington State has more posts and more threads than Michigan. So we are number three (#3) at least on OCDO.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...rom-The-States

Although Good Topic
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
    Could your eyes believe the writing on the wall
    Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
    It's like Deja Vu all over again
    (My apologies to John Fogerty)

see http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ive-forum-here
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.