Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Man robs Mercer Island Albertsons Pharmacy Monday night

  1. #1
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Man robs Mercer Island Albertsons Pharmacy Monday night

    http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/east_kin.../97889239.html

    And people wonder why I carry all the time. I was in that store that night.... earlier, around 7:30... now I'm wondering if I open carry in the store if they'll call 911 on me....
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  2. #2
    Regular Member HeesBonafide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    152

    Ofcourse they will call 911 -- IT'S MERCER ISLAND!!

    Mercer Island doesn't even want airplanes flying over the island on approach to SEA-TAC -- why would they want to someone openly carry a gun in their stores (other than the obvious reasons)..

    ok, sarcasm hat is off now.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Arrow Pharmacy robberies seem common.....

    Police responded to the scene of a pharmacy robbery at the Top Food & Drug off Union Street in Tacoma Wednesday. The robbery was called in just after noon, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.
    The robber presented a note that implied he had a gun, but none was seen. He took prescription narcotics and fled, Fulghum said.


    Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...#ixzz0t7fw0CS5
    Live Free or Die!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bob Warden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by HeesBonafide View Post
    Mercer Island doesn't even want airplanes flying over the island on approach to SEA-TAC -- why would they want to someone openly carry a gun in their stores (other than the obvious reasons)..

    ok, sarcasm hat is off now.
    I'd be surprised if the Mercer Island robber didn't also grab some Chardonnay and brie on his way out!
    Meet the new boss; same as the old boss. -The Who

  5. #5
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Police responded to the scene of a pharmacy robbery at the Top Food & Drug off Union Street in Tacoma Wednesday. The robbery was called in just after noon, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.
    The robber presented a note that implied he had a gun, but none was seen. He took prescription narcotics and fled, Fulghum said.


    Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...#ixzz0t7fw0CS5
    Duh! Those giant pill bottles that hold thousands and thousands of oxy are worth $5-10 a pill on the street. While you could get a prescription for 40 of them that would only cost less than 10$.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Police responded to the scene of a pharmacy robbery at the Top Food & Drug off Union Street in Tacoma Wednesday. The robbery was called in just after noon, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.

    The robber presented a note that implied he had a gun, but none was seen. He took prescription narcotics and fled, Fulghum said.


    Notice the 'robber' only presented a note implying he had a gun. No need for any of us to open carry. Just get a note from your mommy implying you have a gun and presto bad guys will leave you alone and the Brady Bunch will be happy!!
    Live Free or Die!

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    SNIP Just get a note from your mommy implying you have a gun and presto bad guys will leave you alone and the Brady Bunch will be happy!!
    Great idea! But, the usual questions:

    What caliber of note is best? Brief and underpowered, relying on accuracy? Or, something heavy-hitting like a legal-length memorandum complete with theory as to why you are carrying the note?

    How many copies of the note should you carry? Just seven? Or, should you have a high-capacity steno pad with 17-20 copies hand-written by mom?

    Which is best for carrying the note: IWB, OWB, ankle-carry?

    Would you need a separate note from the sheriff or state police indicating you were authorized to carry your note concealed? Or, would you have to openly carry your note at all times?

    If you showed your note before the robber did, would you be guilty of brandishing? If you flourished your note, would it warrant concern for the safety of others? Paper cuts are dreadfully painful, y'know.

    Would you have to notify a police officer you were carrying your note?

    Wouldn't it be prudent to carry a back-up note--a BUN?

    What if it rains on my note? How long before damage to the ink sets in? What kind of notepaper is best? One some notepaper, the blue lines will smudge real quick if they get wet.

    Should I carry cuffs with my note?

    Oh! Can I have a badge to hook on my belt that says, "Concealed Carry Note Holder"?


  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Great idea! But, the usual questions:

    Would you need a separate note from the sheriff or state police indicating you were authorized to carry your note concealed? Or, would you have to openly carry your note at all times?
    If you don't have a CNP (concealed note permit) do you have to erase it before you get into your car?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Richland, WA, ,
    Posts
    55
    Please, Lord, let there not be a pencil vs. pen flame war.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAttila View Post
    Please, Lord, let there not be a pencil vs. pen flame war.
    Magic marker!!

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Magic marker!!
    You're an idiot! Magic markers impress no one and make us all look like tough-guy wanna-be's out of some movie! Is that the image you want to present!?
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-08-2010 at 11:37 PM.

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You're an idiot! Magic markers impress no one and make us all look like tough-guy wanna-be's out of some movie! Is that the image you want to present!
    Shut your face, butthead! I don't need you telling me how and what to carry. What an immature internet commando! I carry to intimidate the bad guys; I don't care what the pansy, limp-wrists think, or how scared they get! And you shouldn't, either! Get a spine, dolt!

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Shut your face, butthead! I don't need you telling me how and what to carry. What an immature internet commando! I carry to intimidate the bad guys; I don't care what the pansy, limp-wrists think, or how scared they get! And you shouldn't, either! Get a spine, dolt!
    Oh, that was a mature post, full of genuine reflection and persuasive argument. If I didn't know your post history, I'd almost say you were a troll. Why not think of the image magic markers would present to the world, rather than your selfish interests. Nobody here believes you just want to make an impression on the bad guys. Your post shouts, "Look at me!"

    It is already well-documented that PaperMate and even a #2 pencil work fine. As everybody in the gun world knows, 86% of encounters between citizens and bad guys end without the note even having to be pulled. The vast majority of the time, the citizen only has to rustle the note in his pocket, or just make verbal reference to it.

    ( That was fun; but I almost lost track of which side I was on!)
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-08-2010 at 11:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAttila View Post
    Please, Lord, let there not be a pencil vs. pen flame war.
    Gotta be a pen (or magic marker). With a pencil, it's just too easy for someone with an eraser to come along and rub you out.

    I'm not even gonna comment on Citizen arguing with himself (but then again, I've been known to call myself from a payphone).

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Magic Marker?

    Magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

    A pencil will not give you enough protection.

    A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'To hell and back reliability!'


    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Magic marker!!
    Live Free or Die!

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    SNIP Gotta be a pen (or magic marker). With a pencil, it's just too easy for someone with an eraser to come along and rub you out.
    OK, that was good!

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

    A pencil will not give you enough protection.

    A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'to hell and back reliability!'

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    SNIP I'm not even gonna comment on Citizen arguing with himself (but then again, I've been known to call myself from a payphone).
    Best argument I've had all week. Besides nobody else on this forum is good enough to argue successfully against me. Between that and my native humility, you all should be glad for the opportunity to watch a master at work.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-09-2010 at 12:45 AM.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    A response...



    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Best argument I've had all week. Besides nobody else on this forum is good enough to argue successfully against me. Between that and my native humility, you all should be glad for the opportunity to watch a master at work.
    Live Free or Die!

  20. #20
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

    A pencil will not give you enough protection.

    A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'To hell and back reliability!'
    I think it makes a difference what you write on also. Plain white notebook paper just says I'm in a hurry and this is not very well thought out, but Yellow ruled on legal paper says I mean business, and already have a lawyer on retainer. Course you really have to watch out for the notes written on MceeDee reciepts, That is a phsyco who just lost it while driving around in his Geo, wondering how he gonna afford that next fix, now those are the ones to watch out for, they'll even stab you in the neck with a crayon.

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    SNIP I think it makes a difference what you write on also. Plain white notebook paper just says I'm in a hurry and this is not very well thought out, but Yellow ruled on legal paper says I mean business, and already have a lawyer on retainer.
    If you really mean business, your mom has her attorney type the note on the firm's letterhead. A full-size sheet is easily recognizeable by any punk.

    Plus, when the police come to investigate your DNU (defensive note use), they'll know they're dealing with some serious stuff.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    It will work much better if you use some paper that is a bit better than simple notebook paper. Stationery shows it is really real. Maybe with some ponies on it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    If you really mean business, your mom has her attorney type the note on the firm's letterhead. A full-size sheet is easily recognizeable by any punk.

    Plus, when the police come to investigate your DNU (defensive note use), they'll know they're dealing with some serious stuff.
    Nah.......






    NRA letterhead.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    renton, ,
    Posts
    53
    nsa space pen with the pen cap for me. with a grease marker as a back-up

    best damn laugh ive had all week.

  25. #25
    Regular Member John Hardin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Snohomish, Washington, USA
    Posts
    684
    Unfortunately for you underendowed homophobic racist pen nuts, the Founding Fathers never envisioned ink reservoirs or metal (much less plastic!) nibs, so the Constitution only lets you use a quill.
    Last edited by John Hardin; 07-09-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •