• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crime rate down in wisconsin since oc becomes more common

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
DA Gerald Fox' Jackson County violent crime rate third lowest in the state,

DA Gerald Fox' Jackson County violent crime rate third lowest in the state, 35/100,000 (p9 graphic).

In no instance in this report were firearms used in 2009 (the report date) compared to any other time period. The thread title is a canard. If it walks like a canard , talks like a canard and lies like a canard , then its a duck.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
The problem is, no where in the report does it mention Open carry or the fact that Open Carry had anything to do with the drop in the crime rate. So yes, the antis and the Brady bunch will claim it all as coincidence.

M

McX

nothing the criminals hate more than the sight of an Open Carrier!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The problem is, no where in the report does it mention Open carry or the fact that Open Carry had anything to do with the drop in the crime rate. So yes, the antis and the Brady bunch will claim it all as coincidence.

You are absolutely correct. It was intentional. That's what anti's do when they think statistics support their view, so I thought I would give them a taste of their own medicine by engaging in a bit of Post hoc ergo propter hoc of my own.

Doug Huffman

Banned
The end does NOT justify the means.

Why not just post it straight and let us draw our own conclusions. Sarah Brady believes that the end justifies the means - not me!

Sarah Brady and Paul Hamm tell hyperbolic lies and try to laugh it off. Their mothers tried to laugh-off their ugly babies.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Neal Boortz, WSB Atlanta

My AM radio show host, Neal Boortz WSB Atlanta, calls himself "High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth", having the courage to "tell mothers that their babies are ugly!"

He's the one that taught me, "Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view." He's ex-lawyer (real estate), conservative-'l'ibertarian, co-author of the Fair Tax.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You are absolutely correct. It was intentional. That's what anti's do when they think statistics support their view, so I thought I would give them a taste of their own medicine by engaging in a bit of Post hoc ergo propter hoc of my own.

They say figures don't lie but liars can figure.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Why not just post it straight and let us draw our own conclusions. Sarah Brady believes that the end justifies the means - not me!

Sarah Brady and Paul Hamm tell hyperbolic lies and try to laugh it off. Their mothers tried to laugh-off their ugly babies.

Nothing prevents anyone from drawing their own conclusions. I offered no conclusions, I simply stated a fact. I didn't say "crime rates down BECAUSE of open carry" because, while possibly true, it isn't a conclusion one can draw from this report. Doug, if anyone here ought to appreciate a lesson in fallacious arguments, it's you. You try to provide many such lessons yourself.