Thread: Open Carry in New Hampshire as it applies to vehicles?

Open Carry in New Hampshire as it applies to vehicles?

OK folks...CCW holder in NY State here. Traveling to New Hampshire, via Vermont. Carrying during the trip through NYS, then through uber-friendly Vermont. My problem is New Hampshire.

This question is specifically for you NH residents, and even better if you are Motorcyclists...

New Hampshire is an OC friendly state. I'm traveling via MOTORCYCLE (please don't give me any car-travel advice...).

I know that NH considers OWB carrying of a pistol in a CAR as being concealed, therefore you MUST have a NH non-res CCW permit.

Does that same law apply to a motorcycle, or can I, as long as the pistol is holstered OPENLY AND IN FULL VIEW, ride *on* my motorcycle, or is being *on* a bike the same as being *in* a car in your state?

Moderator / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLW View Post
    I know that NH considers OWB carrying of a pistol in a CAR as being concealed
    Um, no - the law simply requires you to have a concealed carry license to carry in vehicles, openly or concealed.

Thanks...which then begs the question...

Is carrying open on a motorcycle considered *in* a vehicle?

i would believe so........but i cant use that as fact. i cant find anything in law that cites this exact action, i would call up a firearms friendly lawyer and check because a motorcycle is concidered a motor vehicle.

Rattrapper

If you are going to carry a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle you need a license to carry a pistol or revolver. If it is unloaded and in a saddle bag or else where then no license is required. A Motorcycle is a Motorvehicle. Also you should read New Hampshire's RSA 159 (Revised Statutes Annotated) it will complete your quest for the answer.