• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in New Hampshire as it applies to vehicles?

DragonLW

OK folks...CCW holder in NY State here. Traveling to New Hampshire, via Vermont. Carrying during the trip through NYS, then through uber-friendly Vermont. My problem is New Hampshire.

This question is specifically for you NH residents, and even better if you are Motorcyclists...

New Hampshire is an OC friendly state. I'm traveling via MOTORCYCLE (please don't give me any car-travel advice...).

I know that NH considers OWB carrying of a pistol in a CAR as being concealed, therefore you MUST have a NH non-res CCW permit.

Does that same law apply to a motorcycle, or can I, as long as the pistol is holstered OPENLY AND IN FULL VIEW, ride *on* my motorcycle, or is being *on* a bike the same as being *in* a car in your state?

DragonLW

Thanks...which then begs the question...

Is carrying open on a motorcycle considered *in* a vehicle?

jay75009

i would believe so........but i cant use that as fact. i cant find anything in law that cites this exact action, i would call up a firearms friendly lawyer and check because a motorcycle is concidered a motor vehicle.

Rattrapper

Rattrapper

If you are going to carry a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle you need a license to carry a pistol or revolver. If it is unloaded and in a saddle bag or else where then no license is required. A Motorcycle is a Motorvehicle. Also you should read New Hampshire's RSA 159 (Revised Statutes Annotated) it will complete your quest for the answer.