Thread: OC Encounter - Walmart on Boulder/Nellis

OC Encounter - Walmart on Boulder/Nellis

I was at Walmart this morning getting some things and was OC'ing my XD-40. Nothing was said in the store, I guess
    most people either aren't very observant or understood that me and my holstered pistol were not a threat(I'm hoping for the latter). On my way out to my car with my things, I was approached by a rather attractive woman in her mid-late 20's(I'm 27).

The conversation that follows is my recollection of the event.

Her(Jokingly): "Don't shoot, I'm unarmed."
    Me: "You're not in any danger"
    Her: "Is it real"
    Me: "Yes"

I have the OD Green model, I guess most people assume that guns have to be Black/Chrome for some reason. It's not the first time I've been asked.

Her: "What is it?"
    Me: A Springfield XD, chambered in .40S&W
    Her: "It's a very nice looking gun"
    Me: "Thanks"
    Her: "You can legally carry it like that"
    Me: "Yes, in the State of Nevada it's legal to openly carry a firearm, but you require a permit to carry it concealed"
    Her: "So you can just buy a gun, and carry it like that"
    Me: "Yes, if you're a resident of the state you must register it, that's normally done during the purchase process"
    Her: "So all I need is the blue card?"
    Me: "Exactly, if you're curious about Open Carry, you should checkout www.opencarry.org. Have a nice day"

I've spent the majority of the day kicking myself in the ass for not getting her number, but at the moment my focus was on ensuring it was a positive OC encounter for her. C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by omegadeity View Post
    I've spent the majority of the day kicking myself in the ass for not getting her number
    fail...

well next time go at the same time and you will be able to spot her and her new handgun thats being open carried. Maybe you will run into her in the ammo/bait section haha....that store is so stupid i go there in the garden section they say no firearms on the door but then the main doors say nothing so its invalid. Whatever, but there is no way i am going to be on boulder and nellis and not have a firearm especially when i go around 12 to 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by LvstudentDoc View Post
    well next time go at the same time and you will be able to spot her and her new handgun thats being open carried. Maybe you will run into her in the ammo/bait section haha....that store is so stupid i go there in the garden section they say no firearms on the door but then the main doors say nothing so its invalid. Whatever, but there is no way i am going to be on boulder and nellis and not have a firearm especially when i go around 12 to 2am.
    Well, it was outside the store in the parking lot, and she didn't work there. As much as I'd like to believe I'll run into her again(and that she'll be carrying) I doubt it. I'd probably have better luck posting on craigslist missed connections...lol

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LvstudentDoc View Post
    Walmart is not a "public building" by statute, so the signs are invalid whether they're posted on every door or not.

Quote Originally Posted by omegadeity View Post
    Me: "Yes, if you're a resident of the state you must register it, that's normally done during the purchase process"
    Only if your a Clark County resident. The rest of the state is a free state.