• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Catfish Club Debate with Saldana

Mike Hawk

I kinda like that idea, but you would have to make it utterly clear that this is the reason why you were doing it- That because Saldana's postion is that people being armed for defense is such a danger to the community, that it must also be true with her armed body guards... And of course, some reasonable message into the fact that she wants to deny the protection that we seek, while indulging herself in the benefit of armed defense.

Exactly. The hypocrisy factor.

pullnshoot25

Did you get a chance to watch her final remarks at the Senate public safety committee where she talked about how some brazen person drove all the way across California to come to the commonwealth club meeting and then carried a concealed weapon into the building? Just be sure to carry a sign saying that she's attempting to violate everybody's civil rights or something so she doesn't seemingly get more ammo for people doing completely legal things.

Yep, I saw that. She even posted my blog story on her Facebook page.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Yep, I saw that. She even posted my blog story on her Facebook page.

I'm sure she prefaced it by saying, "Look at this Californian who is not only exercising his civil rights, but is also following all applicable laws. Such a stellar example!"

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Catfish club venue for Lori Saldana's ban on UOC in California

This was the message that was received from "Rev George W Smith"

We also asked him to confirm if the building is actually a "Federal building" but to date no actual response on the question...will keep you all posted

The NRA and NGA will be in attendance

Looks like the reverend would like one of the "gunslingers" to go head to head with Saldana to put our point of view across ...something we are good at :)

Subject: July 23 Catfish Club

For more that 40 years the Catfish Club has provided an open public
forum for San Diego. The uniqueness of the Catfish Club is while the
dialogue can be unforgiving, the atmosphere is respectful. The
discussion of the Open Carry legislation is an effort to understand the
public policy being implemented by Assembly member Saldana. It goes
without saying your right to carry an unloaded handgun is protected by
California Law. The judgment for you and those for whom you are
seeking clarification is, will the presence of unloaded handguns
enhance your message or be unpleasant to some in attendance.

We invite you or a member of your group to enter the debate with
Assembly member Saldana and appear as a panelist-we would prefer
unarmed, but that is your choice.

Please contact me via email or at the phone number below, at your
earliest convenience with a decision and the name of the individual who
would appear with Ms. Saldana.

Rev. George W. Smith
The Catfish Club
5514 Mira Flores Drive
San Diego, CA 92114
(619) 266-7278 (Office)

KS_to_CA

The idea of a poster protest sounds good, especially if the media is there and is willing to cover the event fairly. Something to the tune of "Saldana's hypocrisy - she hires guns (with tax money?) to protect herself but denies equal protection to law-abiding citizens" theme.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
panelist

My brother and I call panelist positions!

Well volunteered Nate we are all with you

Just been told that the building is a "Federal Building" so no UOC just wondering how do "Saldana's Goons" carry in a federal building unless they are real cops?

Last edited:

sumyungguy

Me too

Right On Brother! I'm there and I will plan on at least having my empty drop leg holster strapped on! And the new video camera!

I'll be there with my empty holster attached to my crutches, right below MY video camera. HA

G

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
It has been mentioned......

That representatives have been requested from the NRA the GOA and other gun groups to help in this matter . Can't we finish with a real UOC meet up on completion of this "Shootout with Saldana" no pun intended ....Nate and Sam looking forward to your panelist time ....

Gundude

Someone should mention anti gun Barbra Graham, aka Barbra Lipscomb. She was the co-organizer of the million mom march. She had in her posession 3 handguns and Tech 9 after the AWB was in effect. Shot an inocent man, Kikko Smith, who is now paralyzed for life, in a revenge shooting. She is a perfect example that gun control doesn't work.

Source: http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm

bigtoe416

Someone should mention anti gun Barbra Graham, aka Barbra Lipscomb. She was the co-organizer of the million mom march. She had in her posession 3 handguns and Tech 9 after the AWB was in effect. Shot an inocent man, Kikko Smith, who is now paralyzed for life, in a revenge shooting. She is a perfect example that gun control doesn't work.

Source: http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm

I can't find any news report that states that she was a co-organizer of the million mom march. The closest thing I can find is a news story that says during her trial she was supported by the leader of Moms on the Move Spiritually, a group which helped organize the million mom march.

Gundude

I can't find any news report that states that she was a co-organizer of the million mom march. The closest thing I can find is a news story that says during her trial she was supported by the leader of Moms on the Move Spiritually, a group which helped organize the million mom march.

Copy/paste from that source: http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm Million Mom March (MMM) co-organizer Barbara Graham is also known as Barbara Lipscomb, Barbara Graham, Barbara Martin, Barbara Ann Lipscomb, Barbara Ann Graham, and Barbara Ann Martin. Her unarmed innocent victim is Kikko Smith and his mother is Mary Ann Smith. Kikko Smith will never walk again

bigtoe416

Copy/paste from that source: http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm Million Mom March (MMM) co-organizer Barbara Graham is also known as Barbara Lipscomb, Barbara Graham, Barbara Martin, Barbara Ann Lipscomb, Barbara Ann Graham, and Barbara Ann Martin. Her unarmed innocent victim is Kikko Smith and his mother is Mary Ann Smith. Kikko Smith will never walk again

Right, I read the stuff on that link. I tried to find other sources of the same info but could only find secondary sources which appeared to be reposting the context from that page.

Gundude

Right, I read the stuff on that link. I tried to find other sources of the same info but could only find secondary sources which appeared to be reposting the context from that page.

Apparently it was almost 10 yrs ago, so most of the links are gone.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Anyone actually get confirmation of their RSVP at the catfish club?

I have spoken with a few people who RSVP'd last week for this "shootout with Saldana" and not one person has been confirmed as being reserved for lunch ....WTF? Think we will be calling to confirm our reservations tomorrow from 8am