• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd South Eastern Wisconsin Starbuck's Coffee Meet and Discuss Scheduled 7/25

M

McX

it's getting so a law abiding citizen can't even get a cup of coffee on sacred ground.

AdamXD

I wish I could attend the meeting but Racine is too far for me seeing as how I have no reliable mode of transportation.

I am however open to the idea of bumming a ride. I live in Milwaukee County near Washington park. Any attendees nearby?

M

McX

comfort and assurance

to ensure the comfort of those who will attend the upcoming coffee meet, and in lieu of the 'unusual happenings' we've seen in other threads on here, wisconsincarry officer(s) will probably attend, video surveliance of us as a protective measure is being arranged, and everyone is encouraged to bring their voice recorders.

paul@paul-fisher.com

to ensure the comfort of those who will attend the upcoming coffee meet, and in lieu of the 'unusual happenings' we've seen in other threads on here, wisconsincarry officer(s) will probably attend, video surveliance of us as a protective measure is being arranged, and everyone is encouraged to bring their voice recorders.

I appreciate this, however, let's not forget we have been there twice before and have not had ANY issues before. I do not believe we have even seen any drive bys.

So.... Any newbies, this is an AWESOME time to pop your open carry cherries.

Last edited:
M

McX

Agreed with Paul, our events have been 'uneventful', with more and more people attending, the last meet went over 4 hours! The StarBuckians seemed to have no problem with us, and our presence seemed to increase business to that establishment, better than hanging a horse shoe over the door. The public paid us little mind, the Police seemed disinterested in us, and a great day was had by all. Not to mention the revenue increase to the StarBucks at that location. The arrangements being made are to ensure our safety and comfort while we meet in a new location, with greater public exposure, and address the concerns of some potential attendees. Come one, come all, this event is going to be big! And bring your cameras, so we can post pics!

Jason in WI

.......let's not forget we have been there twice before and have not had ANY issues before.

Just to be clear, this is a new location; right? <=EDIT: I just reread McX's post above and it mentioned the new location, sorry.

So.... Any newbies, this is an AWESOME time to pop your open carry cherries
I agree 100%, if we make it my girlfriend will be wearing her sidearm for the first time in public. We have some stuff going on but we are trying to make this just like the last two times. Save us "regulars" a seat near the front please ;).

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have invited a reporter from the Janesville Gazette who has shown interest in an article on OC. I am not sure if he will come or not since Racine is out of his coverage area.

I will let you know if I hear a response.

M

McX

someone should bring an extra firearm and holster, so our guest can live the dream, and experience it first hand.

M

McX

i will probably be coming, weather permitting, by 'iron horse', trying out trunk carry/motorcycle carry for the first time. i will bring the legendary one finger open gun carry case, for those who wish to see it. Mr. Chairman, i'll need to buy some WisconsinCarry stickers off of you, iron horse, and other things in my life are lacking them. Behold the Iron Horse, my horse for 20 plus years now:

paul@paul-fisher.com

We had somewhere around 15 people there. I believe only a couple weren't carrying. No confrontations, no issues, I didn't see any LEO's even do drive bys and it should of been rather obvious if they did.

It was good seeing a couple new people I hadn't met before.

I forgot to take pictures.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Kudo's To The Starbuck's Employees And All Those That Dropped By!

Today went very well, quite a big group and no one screaming that we were carrying. The Starbuck employees came outside several times and asked us if we needed anything and to let them know if we did. I don't think I have ever seen this kind of service before at any other Starbucks locale (but I could be mistaken). I think Starbucks deserves many kudos for their stance and service!

All in all it was great! Most of us hung out until close to 5 p.m. It was a day well spent with good people and good friends! Thanks to everyone that attended! Heck, even Protias dropped in from Indiana for a spell! Thanks Joe! It was great to see you again. Thanks Nik for dropping by and spending a few hours with us. It was appreciated! What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

Hope everyone that made the trip today can make the next one wherever that may be.

M

McX

i think RAK covered it all. again thanks to all who came from near and far, thanks to Nic for joining us, a great meeting of people of like mind. remember those of you who came from the 'outlying areas', the next meeting will be seeking a location from your neck of the woods! Great meeting of great friends!