• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum tech question, Help?

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
Ever since the new forum, I have not been able to get email notifications on threads that have had replies to. Been looking on here in settings and can't seem to find where to turn this feature on again. Any clue?

Thanks.

john-in-reno

When you are signed in you need to go to the top right and click on settings

on the next screen you will see on the left hand side a couple of boxes the top one says "My Messages" the second one down says "Subscriptions" click on that and it should bring you to the next screen

on this screen you will see all the threads that you subscribe to on the right click all the boxes you want to change the notification on and then click the button under that labeled "Selected Threads" then change your option to Instantly, Daily, or Weekly.

If you wish you can set it up to always send you and email when you subscribe by going to settings, then on the right to general settings the set the option under "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

PT111

A different question, the little envelopes on the side of each thread. Is there a listing of what the different colors mean? I have looked but not in the right place evidently.

john-in-reno

on a page that has the envelopes go all the way down to the bottom of the page, there is a legend, they are kind of small thou, if you cant make them out let me know

PT111

on a page that has the envelopes go all the way down to the bottom of the page, there is a legend, they are kind of small thou, if you cant make them out let me know

Thank you. I normally click on What's New and those pages do not have the info at the bottom. I went to a forums page and that one did so it is just which page you are on that determines if the legends show up. This answered my question.