• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tulsa Beacon - Rep. Ritze says open carry will be passed next year

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.tulsabeacon.com/?p=4307

SNIP

Rep. Mike Ritze applauds 2nd Amendment affirmation

State Rep. Mike Ritze, D.O., said he applauds the latest U.S. Supreme Court decision, McDonald vs. Chicago, which ruled that the Second Amendment does protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms.

“This is a step in the right direction,” said Ritze, R-Broken Arrow. “The court has made clear that citizens have a right to self-defense that cannot be regulated away. In light of this ruling, I hope we will move forward with open-carry legislation next Session.”

This year the Oklahoma Legislature passed House Bill 3354, which would have allowed those with concealed-carry permits to openly carry weapons; however the bill was vetoed by the governor.

“I coauthored this bill and fully support this initiative to allow citizens to openly carry, so I was very disturbed when the governor vetoed it,” said Ritze. “This legislation was similar to what 44 other states already have in law. Oklahoma needs to fall in line with the rest of the country. With the Supreme Court ruling, there should be no more excuses for restricting citizens’ full right to bear arms.”