• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can someone help me with Missouri gun laws please?

shadow626

Okay, I know some one had this posted on here at one time, I just can't seem to find it any where so I was wondering if some one could tell me what Missouri's gun laws are please?

shadow626

okay i can find several things wrong with what you just said. But thanks for the link.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I think cash might have been adding a hint of sarcasm to it due to the simple fact that if one types "missouri firearms laws" into google, the answer arrives in .26 seconds.

If you were looking for some loose interpretations of them, by all means be a bit more specific.

It might also stem from the feeling that much beyond the 2a and MO 23 there really should not be any, but such is life when the sheeple are involved.

cash50

okay i can find several things wrong with what you just said. But thanks for the link.

I was joking, player. Such a vague question, ya know?

There is a lot of info to be had but no one will start spewing until they know what you want to know.

I think cash might have been adding a hint of sarcasm to it due to the simple fact that if one types "missouri firearms laws" into google, the answer arrives in .26 seconds.

If you were looking for some loose interpretations of them, by all means be a bit more specific.

It might also stem from the feeling that much beyond the 2a and MO 23 there really should not be any, but such is life when the sheeple are involved.

Just a hint.

shadow626

well thanks for the help, and I have to say you guys are pretty hilarious. And I am in Springfield, MO. that's where I was looking for the gun laws for.

cash50

well thanks for the help, and I have to say you guys are pretty hilarious. And I am in Springfield, MO. that's where I was looking for the gun laws for.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. The laws are dense and complicated, so no one has any idea what you want to know. But there is a lot of info to be had here.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. The laws are dense and complicated, so no one has any idea what you want to know. But there is a lot of info to be had here.

^^^^^^^^^

Too late, you already ran em off!

And to think, I am the one who gets blamed for it around here!!

To the op, there is a guy round here, goalseter88 who is real new to guns, but is down your way who does a bit of open carry might use the search function here and shoot him a note.

Here is a link to the local ordinace search engine for springfield mo

http://www.springfieldmo.gov/webapps/ordinance/index.jsp

cshoff

So are you looking for Missouri gun laws as the title of your original post implies, or are you looking for local Springfield ordinances?

shadow626

no was not looking for anything specific, just wanted to read up on everything and make sure that I had everything in order. I had already read up on the open carry laws already.