• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons arrest at Aurora Avenue hydroponics store

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Seattle PI

Seattle police responded Thursday morning to a weapons call at an Aurora Avenue hydroponic supply store.
At 9:52 a.m., officers were called to Seattle Hydroponics in the 2100 block of Aurora Avenue North following a report that a man had entered the store and brandished a weapon, said Det. Mark Jamieson, a police spokesman.
Officers arrived shortly thereafter and arrested the man. It was not immediately clear if he had any relationship to the business or made any attempt to rob the store.

Hmmm.... a plant growing store and a gun..... does anybody think that he was buying things for his tomato garden? Or is he trying to grow a more green weed?

And I love the 'had entered the store and brandished a weapon' line. Pretty incomplete and needs more detail. Was this simply and open carrier buying some fertilizer? As we know the term 'brandished' is not part of the RCW 9.41.270

1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

daddy4count

I've been to that shop on many occasions... nice place but the guy who runs it is a bit creepy. He used to have a pretty amazing coffee plant in the window.

What I am confused about is who from outside the store can see what he is "brandishing" once inside... and if he indeed brandished a weapon inside... who inside was able to make the call whilst being held at gun point?

Oh, and BTW... OT, but tomatoes do not grow well in indoor hydroponics... trust me on this one. Green beans and other veggies go nuts. Hell I even got carrots to grow like mad. My tomatoes took 6 months, produced about 4 tomatoes before I finally cut them down.

amzbrady

Whats up with the brandishing crap? It's not even a word in the average persons vocabulary. If I saw someone waving a gun around, brandishing would be the last word I would use to describe it, I would say someone was waving a gun, or holding a gun, not brandishing. Sounds like words directly from a cop dictionary to be alble to detain.

amlevin

Whats up with the brandishing crap? It's not even a word in the average persons vocabulary. If I saw someone waving a gun around, brandishing would be the last word I would use to describe it, I would say someone was waving a gun, or holding a gun, not brandishing. Sounds like words directly from a cop dictionary to be alble to detain.

It's a term used widely by those who want to sound smarter than they actually are. Often the same parties who shout "Concealed Means Concealed" when discussing Open Carry by someone carrying a CPL.

killchain

It's a term used widely by those who want to sound smarter than they actually are. Often the same parties who shout "Concealed Means Concealed" when discussing Open Carry by someone carrying a CPL.

OT: Could also be a case of the "adopted vocabulary."

If you ever listen to prison inmate interviews you know what I'm talking about. They adopt the vocabulary of the guards, and use their terminology.

And what is with all the recent posts involving a gun and either directly or indirectly involving marijuana?

devildoc5

OT: Could also be a case of the "adopted vocabulary."

If you ever listen to prison inmate interviews you know what I'm talking about. They adopt the vocabulary of the guards, and use their terminology.

And what is with all the recent posts involving a gun and either directly or indirectly involving marijuana?

Didn't you know? Part of the new Obama plan for gun control is that prior to completing sale of a firearm one must have a urine drug test that is positive for marijuana!