• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

smith and wesson m and p thumb safety models to be discontinued?

tim87

the lgs told me this the other day was really wanting to buy one now I will have to hurry and scoop one up

AL Ranger

The only reason I know of the thumb safety being added was for the military trials for a new service pistol. My M&P's (4 of them) do not have the safety and I don't really need them. The pistols with the safeties may become collectors items. I haven't read or heard anything about them being discontinued. You may find something on the S&W website.

Beerme

Banned
I highly doubt they will ever be considered collectible...

they are great guns and i love mine but i dont think it will be collectible if it had the safety

tim87

smith and wesson rep said that this was not true....false alarm I guess